Taylor Wheels (Germany)

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
KTHSullivan

Taylor Wheels (Germany)

Postby KTHSullivan » 22 Feb 2018, 8:40am

Very good service, pair of 26" 36 (2mm) front dynohub, zac 2000 rims.

Ordered Monday AM from Germany, delivered Wednesday PM!! Wheels appear well built (obviously only time will tell). Cheaper than I can buy the components in the UK.
Last edited by KTHSullivan on 22 Feb 2018, 3:28pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just remember, when you’re over the hill, you begin to pick up speed. :lol:

Tiberius

Re: Taylor Wheels (Germany)

Postby Tiberius » 22 Feb 2018, 9:31am

I've had some wheels/Rohloff from Germany...Radsport-Erdman....way way cheaper than you could buy them in the UK. Lots of miles, zero issues.

MarcusT

Postby MarcusT » 28 Feb 2018, 8:10pm

I've read mixed reviews on the Taylors, so I went with Rose bikes. I've only ridden about 30 km, so far, so good
I wish it were simple as riding a bike

fossala

Postby fossala » 28 Feb 2018, 8:21pm

MarcusT wrote:I've read mixed reviews on the Taylors, so I went with Rose bikes. I've only ridden about 30 km, so far, so good

I went with Rose for an XT/A319 build. Tension was all over the place and they obviously hadn't stressed it at all as when I did it was at least 2mm out of true. They did refund me the cost to get it trued at a LBS.

Richard Fairhurst

Postby Richard Fairhurst » 28 Feb 2018, 8:40pm

Tiberius wrote:I've had some wheels/Rohloff from Germany...Radsport-Erdman....way way cheaper than you could buy them in the UK. Lots of miles, zero issues.

Similarly, the wheels for our Circe Morpheus (20in, Alfine 11) were built by Radsport Erdmann and we're very pleased with them.
cycle.travel - maps, journey-planner, route guides and city guides

Bonzo Banana

Postby Bonzo Banana » 18 Mar 2018, 4:17pm

I bought some 20" double wall wheels from Taylor's to replace the stock wheels of a folding bike as I wanted to move from a freewheel drivetrain to a higher quality freehub. Bought through ebay but they arrived without the quick-releases which they were advertised with and took sometime to get them to reply to me. It took a while to get the quick releases but I had the bonus of a headband with torch included which looked worth a few quid. The wheels themselves seem pretty good especially for the price. The Dynamix rims are ok and the freehub was the tourney entry level version. The front wheel hub was unbranded I think but seems fine. I don't know which is better the Shimano TX freehub or the Quando freehub that you find on budget wheels but I feel happier with the Shimano brand on it.