Cycling Weekly.

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
landsurfer

Cycling Weekly.

Postby landsurfer » 27 Apr 2018, 4:05pm

Cycling Weekly has had another un-announced re-vamp.
Honk has gone .......... :(
Its turning into a sales catalogue with more and more advertorials and less copy.
Writers images are expanded within columns to fill space.
The format is a cut and paste of the Time groups news layouts and to me is soulless.
Everything i have loved about the mag i have bought for 40 years has been filtered away.
Is it just grumpy old man me ...?
Last edited by landsurfer on 27 Apr 2018, 7:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best wave of my life is still out there.

Shuggie

Re: The Death of Cycling Weekly.

Postby Shuggie » 27 Apr 2018, 5:04pm

Cancelled my subscription today, fed up with its advertorial drivel and repetitive training etc rubbish. Feel much better for doing it, used to look forward to the post delivery on a Thursday, haven’t felt like that for some time and the recent revamp hammered home the final nail.

brynpoeth

Re: The Death of Cycling Weekly.

Postby brynpoeth » 27 Apr 2018, 5:41pm

Cycling *Weakly* if you please :wink:

Has it won many new subscribes to replace the old ones like us, what is the ABC circulation?
How much longer will I still be printed on paper?
Cycling? Of course, but it is far better on a Gillott.. Alternative facts welcome

TrevA

Re: The demise of that great standard ...Cycling Weekly.

Postby TrevA » 29 Apr 2018, 4:22pm

I've not read it regularly for 15 years or more and don't miss it. I've recently subscribed to Readly, so I do get access to it but only skim read it. I quite like the CW YouTube channel, especially Ollie Weekly and some of the reviews that they do, they seem like ordinary club standard riders and I have more empathy with them than the GCN guys who seem to talk down to their audience a bit.