Refurbishment - paint supplier Riolett

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
David9694

Refurbishment - paint supplier Riolett

Post by David9694 »

I found this firm’s site, which looks very promising mainly for solid colours; there are some pearl finishes but the offer on metallic paint seems quite modest. I haven’t havent yet ordered from them but I sure have my eye on that hard to find shade RAL 6027.

They explain the properties the varieties of paint (acrylic, cellulose, synthetic enamel); they’re not the only firm who cuslom mix paints, but everything I’ve found up til now has been geared to the motor car and/or to a fairly limited set of standard colours. They will colour match from a sample. This site shows you, and willl mix to, a massive range of colour standards (RAL, BS and Pantone). Then you choose the variety and the finish i.e. matt, high gloss - not sure what the difference is if you are lacquering.

At £10 a pop it, ain’t the cheapest. For £4.50 they’ll sell you a pot of touch-up at the same time as your order.
Spa Audax Ti Ultegra; Genesis Equilibrium 853; Raleigh Record Ace 1983; “Raleigh Competition”, “Raleigh Gran Sport 1982”; “Allegro Special”, Bob Jackson tourer, Ridley alu step-through with Swytch front wheel; gravel bike from an MB Dronfield 531 frame.