Raleigh UK

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
peetee

Raleigh UK

Post by peetee »

I have had cause to contact Raleigh UK to make a claim for a 4 month old freehub that has failed. They agreed to replace the item but needed reminding (with call no 2) to post it to me. On arrival they sent the wrong item (sealed bearing not loose cup/cone) despite clarifying this from the outset. Call no 3 was to inform them of their mistake. Call no's 4 to 7 over the next 3 weeks were to ask where the replacement was only they didn't answer the phone or return my requests to call me back (option 1 on their answerphone message). Call no 8 was successful in that I spoke to the employee who dealt with the original enquiry. He seemed well aware of the issue but spoke with the sort of hesitant manner that suggested that he wasn't sure which story the corporation says he should be palming me off with.
I have been assured it will be with me on Friday.
Hmmm.
I know it's only small beer but their system is pretty poor. You would have to use the same path if it were several grand of bike and the guy I spoke to sounded like he was fed up of working with people who didn't know one end of a frame from the other.
How the mighty have fallen.
GoD would be turning in his grave.
Last edited by peetee on 9 Jun 2018, 8:58am, edited 1 time in total.
The older I get the more I’m inclined to act my shoe size, not my age.
Cyril Haearn

Re: Raleigh UK

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Not sure if it is a small matter

For want of a nail the horse was lost..

GoD: Gus O'Donnell? Gerard O'Donovan?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
peetee

Post by peetee »

A parcel has arrived from Raleigh. It contains not just the necessary single part but one each of three freehub body styles. Thanks to them for the gesture acknowledging the time and effort to get this resolved but please do sort out your automated call system. It will help all concerned.
peetee

Post by peetee »

And now another parcel from Raleigh, this time with a single freehub body, but again it's the incorrect sealed bearing style. How does the tech guy in such an organisation not know the difference between a cup/cone and a sealed bearing unit? So now I have been sent a total of 5 freehub body's only two of which are potentially useful for the current problem. These all have unique stock numbers and i have looked online and found other versions from Raleigh. As consumers we can struggle to find a compatible item when things go wrong. It seems even the major manufacturers have the same problem. But you have to ask, what is the point of assigning individual stock labels if no one knows which is which and what's for what?
peetee

Post by peetee »

They came good in the end.
Sent a whole complete with tyre, disc rotor and cassette.