Aldi Li-ion 12v Mini battery power air compressor

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
al_yrpal

Aldi Li-ion 12v Mini battery power air compressor

Post by al_yrpal »

https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/08396821410570 ... Gwod-SQMeA

Cost £30. You can order it online I think…

Bought one of these for pumping up tyres. Its got a 12V drill type battery that you can charge up from the mains with the adaptor supplied. You can also slide on an adaptor instead of the battery to power it off a car cigarette lighter socket.

It pumped my schrader valved Brompton tyres from almost flat in a seconds, fantastic. Saved using the horrid little Brompton pump. Full marks. It should do the MTB too.

My tourer has presta valves. You screw an adaptor on and then clamp the schrader connector onto the adaptor. The adaptor is too short and the centre pin of the schrader connector let the tyre down. After a bit of fiddling repositioning the connector further out I managed to get 60psi into both tyres. 7 out of 10. It got pretty warm going up to 80psi !

On the Mercian I have presta valves too. These had longer centre pins… no luck at all. Null points! Then I noticed the Aldi adaptor had no O ring, putting my own adaptor with an O ring fixed it.

The brilliant thing is that being battery driven it relieves you of the trailing lead problem and the need to be beside a car.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
al_yrpal

Re: Aldi Li-ion 12v Mini battery power air compressor

Post by al_yrpal »

Revised! Fixed my an O ring!

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......