Exposure Lights: Repair Service

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
ged lawrenson

Exposure Lights: Repair Service

Post by ged lawrenson »

It's not immediately obvious from their website but Exposure Lights do an excellent repair service - even if a product is outside a 2year warranty.
https://exposurelights.com/warranty
I dropped my 10 year old Maxx - D front light, dislodging the backcap and seal, and breaking a wire connection to the emitter plate. An email to Exposure confirmed that they could provide a quote for repair - so long as I had the original receipt. Luckily I'd kept it.
I registered details of the product and the damage, sent it back, they emailed an invoice for a very reasonable cost of repair, which was settled online, and the working-again light was received a few days later. As well as re-soldering the broken wire connection, they reseated the backcap and replaced the control button.
In all the process took less than 3 weeks.
In summary I'm pleased I invested in an excellent product, supported by commendable customer service from Exposure.
Redvee

Re: Exposure Lights: Repair Service

Post by Redvee »

I contacted them when the Storm Port cover on my Sirrus wasn't seating as well as it should. Initially I spoke to them at the NEC show but they didn't have any left but an email when I got home and a few days later one arrived in the post. I need to do the same with my TraceR light now.
jaydm

Post by jaydm »

They repaired my Exposure Blaze Mk1 and were very good to deal with. Glad I didn't chuck it away.
RickH

Post by RickH »

+1 for their repair service.

I bought a mk1 Toro light in 2010 and had found the battery life was starting get noticeably shorter by the end of last winter.

I'd seen this topic so, in early August, I decided to email & see what they said. They gave me a price for battery replacement so I sent it in, they checked & confirmed it was the battery, I paid the money (around £50), they did the battery swap & sent it back.

The whole process was probably about 3 weeks & the light is now better than new. I think they have put the current Toro battery in which has significantly more capacity. Run time on full power is up from the original 3 hours to over 3 & a half hours.

Hopefully that's my lighting sorted for another 10 years! :D
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
ket

Post by ket »

+1

I have a Joystick (7yr old version) and recently had a problem where it stopped charging. They checked it and said battery needed replacement. Quoted a cost for battery & replacement and now waiting for it to arrive.

Do hope my light also comes back like RickH's as better than new. And can continue using it for the next 7 years!
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

This is something I need to do soon with both my front lights as I am needing to charge them after 3 hours riding, the youngest is probably over two years old with the other at least another year older.
tog

Post by tog »

Top customer service from them over the last 10+ years:
(1) phoned them for advice over a new light, ended up with a personalised etched Joystick at no extra cost
(2) charger died after a couple of years, replacement with no hassle
(3) contacted them regarding the availability of an O-ring for a Flare rear light after the original one perished, new one sent free of charge despite the light being about 8 years old.
.......and the lights themselves are excellent!
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Good/great for most things but basically wash their hands of the dynamo hubs. Ah well.
markjohnobrien

Post by markjohnobrien »

mattsccm wrote: 6 Apr 2021, 1:48pm Good/great for most things but basically wash their hands of the dynamo hubs. Ah well.
That’s because they don’t make the dynamo hubs themselves - they make the Revo light but the hubs are third party.

Shame: as if they did make a dynamo hub, the after market service/repair would be outstanding.
Raleigh Randonneur 708 (Magura hydraulic brakes); Blue Raleigh Randonneur 708 dynamo; Pearson Compass 631 tourer; Dawes One Down 631 dynamo winter bike;Raleigh Travelogue 708 tourer dynamo; Kona Sutra; Trek 920 disc Sram Force.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Dyno hubs are rebranded SP from what I've read online.