Lyon Outdoor

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Shoogle

Lyon Outdoor

Post by Shoogle »

A hole appeared on my Ortlieb pannier, behind the bar with the clips, so, as it was still under the 5 years guarantee, I contacted Ortlieb, whose passed me to Lyon Outdoor.
I first e-mailed them, with the original receipt from Rose (Germany) attached, on the first of March. I heard nothing for a week then I got an e-mail asking me where and when it was purchased. By this time, I'd bought some McNett's repair tape to fix it myself.
On the 11th, they said they would repair it free of charge. Then I got another e-mail a day or two later telling me how much it would cost. I explained that I'd been told it would be repaired free. Then, the next day, they agreed to repair it free. I sent it away to Lyon on the 13th.
I heard nothing again till I e-mailed them on the 22nd then, on the 26th, they told me they would try and get it repaired this week.
I eventually received it, repaired, on about the first of April.
A month to fix a wee hole. Next time it will be DIY, under guarantee or not.
Psamathe

Re: Lyon Outdoor

Post by Psamathe »

My dealings with Lyon Outdoor have been good. I had an Ortlieb issue with the inner fabric pockets opening up at the bottom. They offered to repair them but I said I used them all the time so they send me some new pockets free of charge (easy to fit). They said it would be a week until they got more stock of the parts but replacements arrived after only a few days.

Ian
Dean

Post by Dean »

I found them PDG as well. They replaced an Exped that was spitting feathers. They wouldn't post it to India for me, but sent it to a minion in the UK to post on to me (and I'd bought it second hand).
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

Lyon have been in the game of importing quality outdoor gear for a long time, and IME they're good at what they do. I've had odd issues with things over the years that they deal with, and it's always been fast and professional.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...