dhb cycle cap - from Chapeau

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
roberts8

dhb cycle cap - from Chapeau

Post by roberts8 »

I had a dhb cap which I stupidly put in the washing machine. My two year old grandson is now the proud owner of the cap. I brought a cap from Chapeau which is sized and really comfortable on its own or under a helmet. Just to say I think they are retro and comfortable.
Bmblbzzz

Re: Cycle cap

Post by Bmblbzzz »

Was the dhb cap cotton, polycotton or something else? How hot did you wash it? I've washed various caps at 30 or maybe even 40 and they've never shrunk.
Cugel

Re: Cycle cap

Post by Cugel »

roberts8 wrote:I had a dhb cap which I stupidly put in the washing machine. My two year old grandson is now the proud owner of the cap. I brought a cap from Chapeau which is sized and really comfortable on its own or under a helmet. Just to say I think they are retro and comfortable.

It cannot be retro with a cluster of polystyrene bananas obscuring its jaunty tilt. Also, the discomfort of the bananas will surely obscure the comfort of the cap.

Anyroadup, a Hat hat can't be retro as that hat maker nivver had a-one o' their caps worn in Le Tour between 1945 and 1984.

I wonder when plastic cycling hats will become retro? Probably about the same time as STI levers do. But what will we cyclists be wearing/using instead by then, eh, eh!? Fashion produces some very queer stuff.

Does the ever-increasing rate of the fashion cycle mean that things become retro much quicker? Or is "retro" determined by static time periods of various lengths determined by the retro fashionistas within various domains, including "cycling"? It all gets very confusing.

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes