GREEN JERSEY CYCLE TOURS

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
dodger

GREEN JERSEY CYCLE TOURS

Post by dodger »

My brother and I have just returned from a week's tour of the Dordogne and Lot, organised by this company.
Can't praise them enough. It's a small company offering a wide range of tours in France, plus LeJog over here.
We flew to Bergerac airport and were picked up there, provided with bikes and taken to the first of 8 excellent hotels, all 3*.
After breakfast and briefing, we generally rode for 20 or so miles before stopping for tea, coffee and home-made cakes, Then on to lunch, only provided in 2 places where cafes and shops were scarce, then on to the next hotel after an average of 53 miles, followed by dinner, provided on 7 nights.
Excellent direction cards and loan of garmin if needed. Regular meetings with the support vans, with plenty of spare water and a lift if too tired.
The scenery was spectacular, the roads quiet and I'm impressed by the courtesy and patience of French drivers.
I'd previously refused to go on an arranged holiday like this, after a past poorly organised one, but I now see how good it can be.
NO, I'm not employed by or paid by them, but I have to own up to getting the holiday for free - That's because I won it in the 2018 Cycling UK prize draw.
But, unless I win again, I will be opting for them next year (and paying this time), maybe the Loire, Source to Sea route!