FDX Sports cycling clothes

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
philg

FDX Sports cycling clothes

Post by philg »

Has anyone tried this company?
Just received a pair of their Thermodream Cycling Bib Tights and am quite impressed, especially at the price (£20 delivered, on ebay)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FDX-Mens-The ... 2749.l2649
Yet to use them in anger but the gel pad seems friendly enough, will report back once tried

Update: Very comfortable for a 3hr ride, fit is perfect for me. Thumbs-up.
Last edited by philg on 7 Dec 2019, 8:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
toontra

Re: FDX Sports cycling clothes

Post by toontra »

I have several pairs of their lycra shorts with side pockets (the only UK company that do this - there is a US company but they are 6 times the price and of a lower quality!).

Cheap as chips - under £10 a pair and they are now my go-to shorts for rides of all lengths and also running (can put my phone in a pocket). They have lasted well over several months. Very impressed!
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

There all-day Coolmax padding looks interesting. Don't suppose you know if they do them as shorts?
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

Bought a set of shorts. Will report back.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
Phytone3d

Post by Phytone3d »

Been using their gear for a year now.
All good, sometimes have to size up, but their customer returns process is easy.
Gavinm73

Post by Gavinm73 »

Well, I have bought from these people before on a few occasions and all went a according to plan. This time I needed to change a size. I have tried to contact them via email, phone and chat over the past week, no response!
So, either very poor service of they have closed their business? I would avoid this company. There are other more legitimate cycling gear companies out there.
rogerzilla

Post by rogerzilla »

I bought some 3/4 shorts which were the correct waist size but didn't actually stay over my knees. They were just too short. I am not bizarrely thin - I have a BMI of 25!
toontra

Post by toontra »

They've reduced the number of lines and don't sell the lycra shorts with pockets any more*. Maybe they are running down production in general. Hard to see how they could be making a decent profit on the prices they sell at.

* Happily I bought 6 pairs last year. I've learnt my lesson that when something unique comes along then buy while you can :wink:

EDIT: They still have plenty of stock on their ebay store (as opposed to their own web store), including the shorts with pockets :D
Last edited by toontra on 3 May 2021, 9:20pm, edited 1 time in total.
joeegg

Post by joeegg »

Can someone give me advice on their sizing ? I am 178cm with a 32" waist and looking at the sizing it seems I am a medium. It's in respect of the bib tights.
toontra

Post by toontra »

Same size as me and medium shorts fit perfectly.
joeegg

Post by joeegg »

Thanks toontra.