These Ascher Rechargeable LED Bike Lights

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
AgentWayward

These Ascher Rechargeable LED Bike Lights

Post by AgentWayward »

From Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07JZQRX1Q/

Only £10.99

I've been using them since just before Christmas.

Both come with well made rubber mounts which can be left on or removed easily, the lights easily clip in place.

The front light is made to be offset to the left so no dazzling of other road users.
It has four modes accessed by the easy to use top mounted button. Full on, dimmed, flash fast and flash slow.
The light is rugged and plenty bright enough either for being seen or to see the road in the complete darkness.
The charge point is the usual micro usb socket which is covered by a rubber plug which is retained so it can't be lost.
A full charge lasts me 5 hours on slow flash.

The rear light has the same four modes and the rubber mounting strap can be used in many different places, seat post, rear rack, frame etc. The light clips on and off the mounting easily or just take the whole strap off just as easily.
It's bright, rugged and lasts at least 6 hours on slow flash.

Why pay more?

719dTSUf5aL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
mjr

Re: These Ascher Rechargeable LED Bike Lights

Post by mjr »

AgentWayward wrote:The front light is made to be offset to the left so no dazzling of other road users.

Could you take a picture of the light it casts on the road, please?

How slow is the slow flash? Inside the 1-4 flashes per second required by UK law?

Why pay more?

Because £2 more gets you a Dansi Melbourne lights set that have battery level lights, do 6 hours (front) and 15 hours (rear) on steady from replaceable 2xAA (front) and 2xAAA (rear) batteries, and are legal because they meet the equivalent German bike light standard (StVZO).
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
AgentWayward

Post by AgentWayward »

mjr wrote:
AgentWayward wrote:The front light is made to be offset to the left so no dazzling of other road users.

Could you take a picture of the light it casts on the road, please?

How slow is the slow flash? Inside the 1-4 flashes per second required by UK law?

Why pay more?

Because £2 more gets you a Dansi Melbourne lights set that have battery level lights, do 6 hours (front) and 15 hours (rear) on steady from replaceable 2xAA (front) and 2xAAA (rear) batteries, and are legal because they meet the equivalent German bike light standard (StVZO).

I'll take a pic when it gets dark and post it and check the slow flash rate. Pretty sure my rear light would do 12 hours or more on a charge, but ive never had it on that long, it only takes minutes to recharge after 4 hours use.

I didn't want battery powered lights so even though I didnt know about those, I wouldn't have bought them. Different things.
gcogger

Post by gcogger »

My wife and I bought a pair of these each. They mostly work well enough, but the front light is not very well focused, meaning you tend to dazzle cars and pedestrians. After only a few weeks, one of the rear lights failed and wouldn't hold charge. Opening it up, there was clearly some sort of short circuit on the board, so I'm just glad it didn't catch fire! It made me realise that buying cheap kit that contains lithium batteries may not be very sensible!