TF2 Performance all weather lube

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
reohn2

TF2 Performance all weather lube

Post by reohn2 »

http://index.weldtite.co.uk/products/de ... nreg-100ml

I've been using this lube since early Autumn last year and found it to be very good,especially in wet weather drivetrain remains quiet and rollers don't shine up for ages,a sure sign the lube is still working internally where it's needed most.Time/mileage between relubing is loonnnggg and it doesn't attract road and trail dust and dirt much between chain cleaning.
Application is simple with the dropper bottle,a single drop on each roller,back pedaling the chain leaving a few minutes to soak in and then wiping off any excess with a old rag.
Lubing the chain is best done the day before riding or after a ride to allow the lube to dry.

Previously I've used TF2 aerosol spray lube for years and been very happy with it's performance,except in wet weather.That's where the TF2 performance lube scores over the aerosol lube.

A very good product with a 5 star rating from me,and it's cheap :)

EDIT,In the past I've tried a few of the so call 'extreme' wet lubes such as Finnishline Wet and Purple Extreme,etc and whilst they lube well they also attracted far too much road and trail dust and muck,as well as gumming up the drivetrain and needing very strong solvents to get chain,cassette,mechs and chainset clean and needing cleaning more often,the TF2 Performance isn't like that at all and I can clean the drivetrain with White Spirit in the usual way
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
gaz

Re: TF2 Performance all weather lube

Post by gaz »

When my current bottle of Weldtite Cycle Oil runs out I'll give it a try.
IMG_20200123_141243.jpg

Upgrades :mrgreen: .
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade