Tredz Bikes in Cardiff & Swansea

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
brychan

Tredz Bikes in Cardiff & Swansea

Post by brychan »

Never buy a bike from this company based in Cardiff & Swansea.

I purchased a Boardman road bike from them last year cost me £2400 with a Shimano di2 battery gear change, the battery run out a couple of weeks ago so I took the battery unit off the bike to charge it up for the first time and the charger wasn’t working.

So I returned the battery unit and the charger back to Tredz and you would think they would test it themselves, and send me out a replacement as I can’t use the bike without it, but oh no is this the email I got from them this morning.

Hi Mike,

I hope you're well!

Your return has been forwarded to the supplier for inspection under warranty. This can usually take approximately 10-14 working days, however we are expecting delays due to supplier closures/skeleton staffing levels following COVID-19. We will check in with you on day 10 regardless and as soon as we receive a response from the supplier we shall contact you further with an update.

Kind Regards,

​Josh
Tredz Team.
PH

Re: Tredz Bikes in Cardiff & Swansea

Post by PH »

Your contract is with the retailer not the supplier - However they are entitled to take reasonable measures to determine the cause of the issue, which may well involve sending it back to their suppliers. What's reasonable is of course open to debate.
Tredz is a part of the Halfords Group, the service you receive is IMO comparable to any other chain. An update in 10 days is better service than I've had from some local retailers and worse than from others.
brychan

Post by brychan »

PH wrote:Your contract is with the retailer not the supplier - However they are entitled to take reasonable measures to determine the cause of the issue, which may well involve sending it back to their suppliers. What's reasonable is of course open to debate.
Tredz is a part of the Halfords Group, the service you receive is IMO comparable to any other chain. An update in 10 days is better service than I've had from some local retailers and worse than from others.

The law states if you return a faulty item you are entitled to a refund or a replacement. It’s their problem with their supplier.
PH

Post by PH »

brychan wrote:The law states if you return a faulty item you are entitled to a refund or a replacement. It’s their problem with their supplier.

Nothing in what I've written contradicts that, neither does anything Tredz has written to you, they're not saying it's the suppliers responsibility, they're saying it's been returned to them for an assessment - inspection under warranty. It's also - repair, replacement or refund, which is at their discretion after six months. If you're going to tell me what the law says, maybe you'll tell me what it says about timescale? And about who's able to determine if it's faulty or not - I'm not suggesting anything like this is the case, but would you feel entitled to a replacement if it had been left in a leaky shed for six months? I used to work with PC warranties, people telling you it just stopped working and when it's opened up it's configured in a way that would never have worked in the first place, while they're swearing they haven't touched it.
I understand your frustration, but Tredz are acting in the same way as many retailers would, There are exceptions, but they're rarely at the budget end.
Tiberius

Post by Tiberius »

My 2p....

Tredz have done exactly what I would have expected them to do.