Halfords Advanced Towball bike rack failure

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
fatjon

Re: Halfords Advanced Towball bike rack failure

Post by fatjon »

I tell a lie, there was one (NFP Transport) at £398 who accepted the job then cancelled it 3 days later after they looked at a map!
fatjon

Post by fatjon »

FerociousDog wrote:What were the circumstances for the failure?
Was it correctly fitted?
I have a similar 4 bike carrier,from another manufacturer,that is around 8 years old and has covered 1000s of miles.There are plenty of these carriers around from various manufacturers.I can’t see why the Halfords model should be any less sturdy than mine or a Pendle/Thule!?
It states it has a 5 year guarantee.Have you contacted Halfords?

Yes, I too had one for years without problems but it disappeared from my shed last year along with my lawn mower. A Thule if I remember correctly.
FerociousDog

Post by FerociousDog »

I think you’re overreacting and your compensation claims are extremely unrealistic.
There are many options you could have used to save leaving everything and having to return.
This could well be user error.Can you prove otherwise?I doubt you will get anywhere with recompense for collection.You should,if you persue it correctly,get a replacement/refund and any repairs done as a good I will gesture.Anything else would be above and beyond what one can expect from any retailer.
I would chalk it all up to experience.Talk to Halfords Head office if you’re getting no joy at Branch management level.
Good luck.