Orro bikes

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
delilah

Orro bikes

Post by delilah »

As things stand we won’t be spending the winter in Spain I therefore reasoned that I needed a winter bike.
I had a list of things I wanted around £1,500, hydraulic disc brakes mudguard and rack fittings lightweight ability to fit wide tyres and low gearing. (I would have liked a Cannondale Topstone but none were available and out of my budget range.)
My shortlist quickly became two Kinesis or Orro.
I decided against a one ring gravel bike set up as I reasoned I would be using it more on the road and possibly double up as an audax bike.
Kinesis had several, very good, different specifications all in my range although the frames were alu.
Orro on the other hand had a carbon frame good speciation’s and came up around budget, so I bought an Orro Terra C HYD 7000 Adventure bike.
It was on offer at Chain Reaction (although I could have gone over to Winstanleys in Wigan who were offering both the Kinesis and Orro.)
I have completed 500 miles on it and am very pleased. I had to make a few adjustments to the set up but the ride and versatility is very good.
Excellent customer service from Orro in Surrey and Chain Reaction
delilah

Re: Orro Terra Hydro 105 Nice bike Abysmal Customer Relations

Post by delilah »

I have had my Orro now for one year and am generally pleased with it.
The ride is very comfortable and the bike was well spec’d and good value for money. It is now my go to audax bike and an excellent winter bike.
Internal cabling is a good idea but becomes difficult when you have to re-cable parts.
Bottom bracket is a press fit which is not ideal and I have had to replace it after one year.
However, recently Orro has been let down by its abysmal customer service. A request for replacement parts specific to the bike have been unanswered after three emails, telephone calls not returned and a letter to the MD ignored! Best to avoid if this aspect is important to you when things go wrong.