New Gloves

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Mick F
Spambuster

New Gloves

Post by Mick F »

I bought a pair of these from eBay.
Arrived today.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autumn-Winte ... 2749.l2649
Thinner than they look, but very comfortable indeed.

Yet to try them out, but I'm optimistic that they'll be fine, and at £10.99 I can't complain.
If they are ok, I can see me buying another pair ............ or even two.

No care instructions as the cards that came with them are in Chinese, so I can't read them! :lol:
They look washable. :wink:

I'll report back after a ride. Possibly tomorrow or at the weekend.
Mick F. Cornwall
rjb

Re: New Gloves

Post by rjb »

Your showing off. :shock: You just want us all to know how big your hands are. :lol:
I'm trying to keep an old pair of gloves going as they are the most comfortable for cycling in. There is probably more sewing repair than original glove now but i prefer them to later purchases which are sat in a drawer. Its funny how the oldies are still the best. :D
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
rjb

Post by rjb »

Mick F wrote:
No care instructions as the cards that came with them are in Chinese, so I can't read them! :lol:

You need to have an eyesight test. Here you go just read this one.

At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Luckily I spent some years as a police officer in Hong Kong and can tell you that the message you've shared with us, roughly translated, is as follows:
Haha, gotcha! If you think this product will perform anything like its description, you got another think coming - waddya expect at that price?
Hope that helps.
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
PDQ Mobile

Post by PDQ Mobile »

^^
:D :D

You forgot the PS:-
"made in a sweat shop by child labour" :shock:
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I made sure they were coming from UK, but I was under no illusions that they were made in China.
I was rather surprised, though, that the instructions are in Chinese.

Two cards.
A side and B side.
I can read the 100%, Warranty Card and Certificate ................... and what seems to be like a telephone number .................... talking of which, 0579 was the code for the Liskeard (Cornwall) area before they added a 1 to make it 01579 ........... a bit of useless information for you! :D

IMG_0167.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Ask for the return address mick F!!
Bet you'll have to post them back to China!
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Ten miles this morning wearing (amongst other things!) my new gloves.

Seem fine, though a little thin and poorly padded. Seemed warm enough, but the temp wasn't low and the weather wasn't damp.
Not sure how they would be in the cold, but the temp throughout my ride was 10/11degC ........ quite mild I guess. Nevertheless, they felt reasonably windproof.

I've decided that I'm not tempted to buy a second pair though.
Mick F. Cornwall
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

About ten years ago, I bought a pair of cheap, suede-leather gloves from a gardening centre on the Oxford ring-road, near Botley. They were a tiny bit too small, but as leather does, stretched to a perfect fit over the years. They were great, being thin, light, tough-as-old-boots, weather-resistant and cheap. Then about a year ago, they * just disappeared. :(
Not living anywhere near Oxford anymore I was stuck, until I plucked up courage to buy these a couple of days ago off of Amazon. They're much nicer than the originals, but a roomy fit from the get-go, so they will never achieve the excellent close fit the others had... rather a startling shade of yellow, mind.
* I have got a hazy recollection that something called a "pub" was involved, somehow...
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Twenty-five miles done today. Temps were 5-7 degC with a cold chilly wind. Ok in the sunshine, but on the shady lanes, there was precious little of it.

I'm actually quite happy with these gloves. I took my Sealskins gloves with me just in case I got cold fingers, but I was fine.
The Sealskins are way too padded and sweaty, so these Chinese eBay offerings are quite good to ride in.
Mick F. Cornwall