Seasucker rack

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
NickJP

Seasucker rack

Post by NickJP »

I bought a Seasucker rack a while ago, and we've now used it on two reasonably long trips (each about 900km return). It works exactly as advertised. I bought it because I didn't want to have bike racks permanently on the roof of the car, and this one goes on and off in nothing flat - sit it on the car roof and pump the vacuum plungers for a few seconds to attach the suckers to the roof. The suckers hold vacuum without any problem for the duration of a four or five hour trip. We have the two bike version - I think they also make single and three bike versions. I also got endcaps to swap between being able to fit conventional QR or thru axle forks, and making the swap is a matter of ten or twenty seconds to pull one set of endcaps off and insert the others. The rack also has the advantage that if/when we change cars, there's nothing at all involved in moving the rack from car to car. Each bike has an individual sucker under the rear wheel, with velcro straps holding the wheel onto the sucker.

Here's what the main part of the rack looks like from inside the car when mounted, photographed through the sunroof that it's attached to:

ClappedOut

Re: Seasucker rack

Post by ClappedOut »

If your ocd on cleaning surfaces then a great invention, if your not- terrifying.

Is sunroof glass wise?