Prendas downsizing....

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
cyclemad

Prendas downsizing....

Post by cyclemad »

Just received an email from PRENDAS advising that they are to cease selling cycle clothing - jerseys / bibs etc - and will be concentrating on selling cycle caps and ''smaller cycling accessories ''

Will be sad to see them go.I have several of their SANTINI retro bibs and shorts .
De Sisti

Re: Prendas downsizing....

Post by De Sisti »

I've bought from them in the past and haven't received an email of the downsizing. Are you sure
it isn't a scam email you received?
Jdsk

Post by Jdsk »

https://www.prendas.co.uk/blogs/news/time-for-change

includes:

"We are currently transforming the way Prendas operates, clearing a large percentage of the stock. This means no more cycling jerseys, bib shorts, etc so if you have always wanted a San Pellegrino, Salvarani, Molteni, Watneys or Peugeot retro jersey now is the time to buy it.

"This will leave our very popular range of cycling caps as well as a narrow selection of smaller cycling accessories such as our Winter socks & Winter hats."

Jonathan

PS: And they give a reason for the decision.
backnotes

Post by backnotes »

I just got my Santini top out to check sizing on the back of this news. The zip was jammed and the zip pull broke off. So now I do need a new top. Rats!

FC885236-6881-443F-A686-3ACF80E15915.jpeg
RickH

Post by RickH »

backnotes wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 8:42am I just got my Santini top out to check sizing on the back of this news. The zip was jammed and the zip pull broke off. So now I do need a new top. Rats!

That is easily repaired - there's still the stub of the puller so you could easily just add a "string" type puller. I have done that for my LEJOG Jersey that is in otherwise good condition using a string loop with a plastic tag attached (probably off an old jacket). I always harvest removable pullers from otherwise dead garments precisely for that purpose.

Plan B would be just to get the whole zip replaced. If it has jammed some of the teeth may be damaged. Zip replacement is usually inexpensive.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
PH

Post by PH »

And they're back under new ownership!
https://road.cc/content/news/prendas-ci ... hip-289473