Winstanleys Bikes

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Bensons

Re: Winstanley Bikes

Post by Bensons »

Well a first class response this afternoon - my husband will make a list of anything missing on Monday and the parts will be sent directly from Dawes to us.

Googling reviews was a bit like googling a medical condition! When in fact our experience has been very different - quick responses and very polite/helpful, couldn't ask for more than that really.

Hopefully it will be resolved next week.
neoandzuco

Re: Winstanley Bikes

Post by neoandzuco »

My bike was recently stolen so I needed a new one asap.

Winstanleys had the bike I wanted discounted and with quick delivery, so using the finance option I bought the bike.
The attendant was very pleasant, I went through the application over the phone for the finance, paid a good deposit, and then signed the email forms, expecting my bike to be dispatched asap as promised.

A couple of days went by and nothing - I phoned the shop to find they had no record of the finance application and the bike yet to be dispatched. They had to phone the finance company for confirmation of the order!! Something I'd have expected them to do without needing to be prompted.

I receive my bike - very happy with the delivery once it finally got dispatched. Within the first week there were problems with the crank. I emailed and then phoned them immediately . I hit a brick wall - no way, no how, was this a warranty issue according to them,
The returns dept got rather defensive over email when I contested their decision.

I've been riding for years and assembling bikes for the same time - yet, they point blank refused to budge.

A real shame - I would never buy anything from this shop ever again. disgraceful customer survive and attitude.
Last edited by Graham on 10 Nov 2016, 12:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor mods.
David2504

Winstanleys Bikes

Post by David2504 »

Anyone know about this company? Am interested in looking at a bike their website claims is in stock, so tried telephoning them, but the line does not connect. Just wondering if they are still in business or temporarily closed?
Jdsk

Re: Winstanleys Bikes

Post by Jdsk »

Their current statement:
https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/help/delivery/ordering

Email rather than 'phone.

Jonathan
David2504

Re: Winstanleys Bikes

Post by David2504 »

Jdsk wrote: 15 Jun 2021, 9:28am Their current statement:
https://winstanleysbikes.co.uk/help/delivery/ordering

Email rather than 'phone.

Jonathan
Yes I emailed and got a reply from their customer service team. It’s just sometimes is easier to talk as follow up questions can be asked and it’s possible to make a judgement over the potential quality of service you’re likely to receive