Rapha Core Bib-shorts 1 year on...

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
nomm

Rapha Core Bib-shorts 1 year on...

Post by nomm »

My 5+ year old decathlon bib was dying a sad death. I decided, after that first lock down, to treat myself to something a bit fancy. Read a lot of reviews and the core bib seemed like a good value/posher option.

I didn't like them initially, but after what appeared to be a 'wearing in period' of 3-4 months they became a very much go to item, even during colder months due to comfort.

Sadly after a year they are starting to fall apart - https://photos.app.goo.gl/5YQruvNtMoDRaTWD6

I await a response from Rapha...
nomm

Re: Rapha Core Bib-shorts 1 year on...

Post by nomm »

offered 30% off my next purchase...

No thanks! awaits response...
Rich_Clements

Post by Rich_Clements »

Mine did the same, not bothering with them again.
Rich
NewHorizon

Post by NewHorizon »

I have 3 pairs, plus an earlier version, the Sky branded ones (from 2014!). I've not had problems with any of them, I find they fit me very well, cut for the fuller figure and the laser cut silicone leg grippers work really well. That said, the earliest pair have worn thin and I generally wear them under longs now in the winter to avoid indecency claims, but that's after numerous washes since 2016. I've not bought anything from them for a couple of years - I paid £100 for the last pair, they're now £85 - perhaps the quality control has dropped as a result.
Gannet

Post by Gannet »

I have had some Funkier bib shorts that are pretty good, Rivelo have proved excellent and I have just ordered some DHB Aeron that get good reviews. These are all around the £60 or mark and seem to give good level of comfort for up to about 4 hours.

I am loathed to pay the £100+ price some shorts have, I am not sue there can be such a large difference in the pad
nomm

Post by nomm »

They have now offered me a £85 voucher to replace, but I am unsure if I actually want to. I don't see them offering me a refund though.

They were actually very comfy (100-150KM mark) and the fit is good for my body, but my previous and current Howies/Deathlon and Endura are all 5+ years old and show no signs of undue wear.

I am going to ask around to see if anyone I know is shopping around for rapha atm, otherwise I will have to end up replacing them. I might even get the core-cargo ones, as not having pockets on my jersey (hate them) and bib can sometimes be a faff when camping/popping into cake/chip/shops
nomm

Post by nomm »

Now replaced with Rapha core cargo shorts - very different cut, shape and cuff length... which is odd

None the less the first ride proved comfortable and yes the pockets are practical - lets see if this one holds up