rain jacket thumbs up.

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
jags

rain jacket thumbs up.

Post by jags »

bought meself a new rain jacket Mac in a sack.
have to say its great well made fit is perfect service top class.
cost me 60 euro 13 of that was postage :(
anyway if your after a good lightweigh rain jacket thats quality i can recommend the macinasack.

jags
rotavator

Re: rain jacket thumbs up.

Post by rotavator »

That's interesting and at a reasonable price. I may be looking for a new lightweight, wind and showerproof jacket soon. Can you tell me its size when packed please? Does it cover your lower back when riding a bike? Can the hood be removed without resorting to scissors? Oh and they say that the sizing is generous so does it flap in the wind?
rualexander

Post by rualexander »

jags wrote: 31 Aug 2021, 4:07pm bought meself a new rain jacket Mac in a sack.
have to say its great well made fit is perfect service top class.
cost me 60 euro 13 of that was postage :(
anyway if your after a good lightweigh rain jacket thats quality i can recommend the macinasack.

jags
Have you worn it in the rain yet jags?
jags

Post by jags »

no not yet rual but man i have faith :D
its really well made well worth what i paid for it, im going to ask the boss (the wife ) if i can buy another one different color. :wink:
jags

Post by jags »

it packs small comes in its own bag (sack) lightweight .the hood is tucked into collor its on the bif size tho but if you ware a peak hat then your on a winner.2 nice well placed pockets all seams tapered and yes it will cover your backside but get mudguards :wink:
the fit is excellent im only a midgit with a belly (good looking tho ).

i asked the company before i bought one gave the girl my measurements she said i needed large ,she was right.
i would imagine if you live in the uk the postage is free i pain 13.50 euro me being in ireland.bloody brexit .

jags
horizon

Post by horizon »

I already have a Cag in a Bag (yes, really) so now I'm looking for a Coat in a Tote (or shouild that be Jacket in a Packet?). :wink:

Any more?
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher
Ontherivet77

Post by Ontherivet77 »

horizon wrote: 1 Sep 2021, 12:15am I already have a Cag in a Bag (yes, really) so now I'm looking for a Coat in a Tote (or shouild that be Jacket in a Packet?). :wink:

Any more?
I have a Kag In A Bag which is nearly as old as me I don't know about yours but mine is made of some sort of indestructible material from a time when breathability obviously wasn't a top priority.
horizon

Post by horizon »

Yes, I've been looking for my Socks in a Box as well.
When the pestilence strikes from the East, go far and breathe the cold air deeply. Ignore the sage, stay not indoors. Ho Ri Zon 12th Century Chinese philosopher