Chain Reaction Cycles

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles

Postby arnsider » 23 Oct 2017, 5:39pm

Well, I got into the chat queue at five and it took them 30 minutes to get back to me with the news that I'd been refunded.
Shame they didn't have the courtesy to reply to my e mails or advise the refund.
End of!

Postby willcee » 23 Oct 2017, 8:15pm

Tues last.. ordered a bundle shim 105 cassette and chain, paid extra for immediate dispatch which it isn't, chain arrived friday am, complained friday mid morning... parts arriving from 2 sources by courier, refund on extra delivery cost with no probs, but still awaiting delivery on cassette by sat morning, arrived sat late afternoon, had to source another cassette locally with the ensuing extra cost passed on to the end customer.. bit of a worry as owner needed bike for the sunday rides.. in the past had stuff religiously in 2 days.. I know from speaking last friday to the customer service guys in DOAGH previous head office and warehouse.. they aren't happy, and mentioned a change in wording where you paid for the fast service , its only fast picking not fast delivery.. and they are 35 miles from me max.. will

Postby squeaker » 24 Oct 2017, 10:15am

Used to be very good: used them a lot. BUT, currently still waiting for a tyre ordered mid-Sept (when "in stock") despite having been reassured that it was now "in-stock" and on its way soon :(

PS: after prodding them again
I have investigated this further and unfortunately there was a system error, which has prevented your order from progressing. I am sorry to inform you that we have been unable to resolve this issue, I have therefore cancelled this order.

I have processed a refund back to your original payment method, this may take up to 5 working days to arrive back into your account.

On the plus side they have answered e-mail queries about this order very quickly.

PPS: Refund appeared on my PayPal a/c after 7 working days and another e-mail prod :?
Last edited by squeaker on 3 Nov 2017, 10:24am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby arnsider » 25 Oct 2017, 7:49am

Looking at this thread, there are good reviews and bad reviews of CRC.
That says one thing.
Their customer service is inconsistent, in other words their philosophy is fine but they cannot manage it.

Postby ThePinkOne » 11 Nov 2017, 6:09pm

I haven't ordered off them for a while, but last week I ordered 8 metres of green gear outer for doing new (longer) outers on my Big Dummy, they were the only place that had green. Based on previous purchases I was expecting one long length, and as it was on offer I'd ordered enough to have some spare for mistakes/future changes.

They dispatched quickly, and when I opened the box, there were 8 packs of green outer...... my heart sank as I needed a 3-metre length for the longest run. However, when I opened one of the packs, I found each length was far more than a metre..... in fact, each pack probably contains 5 metres.I certainly have plenty spare :shock: :lol:

It did come across a bit like they were just off-loading stock? It arrived in a Wiggle box, so obviously some bringing-together of the warehouse end of the business going on. Wonder if they are planning to merge the 2 businesses?