Chain Reaction Cycles

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Milfred Cubicle

Chain Reaction Cycles

Post by Milfred Cubicle »

I've been having trouble getting hold of a piston for an old Hope brake. Hope won't machine anymore, unless there's demand. C.R.C. were advertising them at £7:99. I figured they were probably the wrong type, seeing as they were quite rare. Ordered at noon on Tuesday, arrived Thursday morning - perfect.
Well done folks, great service!
fausto copy

Chain Reaction Cycles

Post by fausto copy »

Ordered goods at 11:09 on 16th Nov.
Arrived at 10:49 on 17th.
Perhaps they should rename themselves Lightning Reaction Cycles. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
mark_w

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles

Post by mark_w »

Hehe. Yep - I ordered some Endura stuff from them last week in an afternoon and it arrived next day. Excellent service.

Whereas I order a £700 bike from Wiggle / CTC Shop in September and I'm still waiting...... :twisted:
--------
Blog : My Bike Rides
fausto copy

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles- Great service

Post by fausto copy »

Apologies to Si for not searching hard enough to tag on the end of an exisiting thread. :roll:
Consider my wrist, duly slapped.
Si

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles- Great service

Post by Si »

fausto copy wrote:Apologies to Si for not searching hard enough to tag on the end of an exisiting thread. :roll:
Consider my wrist, duly slapped.

No probs....just trying to keep all the info on the same subjects in the same threads - I'm going through a tidiness phase this week!
sherjoh

Post by sherjoh »

I found Chain Reaction Cycles service to be less than adequate!!! First of all they sent a Chainset instead of the Shoes that I had ordered. :? Then I found I could not ring them, they don't have a queuing system if you get an answer phone ring off and start again. Then when they eventually admitted their mistake they wanted me to send the Chainset back and they would 'refund the postage'. They eventually agreed to get the item picked up!! BUT they would not send the Shoes UNTIL I could give them a tracking number from the courier!! Then when they eventually decided to send the shoes they decided to send them by Royal Mail standard post!!! If this is how they treat Customers I am surprised they have any!!! :x

Use Wiggle a much better service and you get free sweets :)
meic

Post by meic »

I wonder if they give better treatment to regular customers?
I had a piece missing from one of my items, the main body of the item was there.
I got through quickly on the phone and the bit was sent out instantly, no questions asked.
Yma o Hyd
sherjoh

Post by sherjoh »

I must admit, this was the first and will be the only time I will use Chain Reaction Cycles, such is my dissatisfaction, there was no apology in fact I was made to feel it was my fault, I was even asked if I wanted to keep the Chainset instead of the shoes. I suppose I could have sold them on!! The shoes were originally meant to be a Christmas gift but I still have not received them, mind you maybe snow shoes would be better at the moment.
mark_w

Post by mark_w »

sherjoh wrote:
Use Wiggle a much better service and you get free sweets :)

Wiggle's customer services lady accused me of being a liar when i told her one of the chaps in sales had told me my bike was being built back in September.

It was only when I informed her I had the email and all the trail that she suddenly went quiet, although I never got an apology and the bike I bought in September never arrived - I ended up speaking to the end manufacturer at Chicken Cycles rather than Wiggle to get the information as to whether I'd ever get the bike I ordered, but in the end I was pretty much forced to change the order in early December to a different bike and there was no discount / apology or anything for absolutely awful service on their part. I reckon I'd have still been sat here now with a bike on perpetual back order if I hadn't have done the legwork myself, as Wiggle had absolutely no interest in my custom or treating me like a customer. What's funny is that it was the first time I'd spent more than £500 on a bike in my life, and I've had an awful experience doing so. It wouldn't have been quite so irritating had it been a £100 light, but when you're spending £700 on a bike you expect the retailer to bend over backwards to be helpful?. I know it's not an *expensive* bike - but if they treat me like that with a £700 bike, if you're just buying a £50 spare, don't expect good service!!

Even worse is that the new bike even came with incorrect parts on it (like a double not a triple chainset as I ordered, for example) and I emailed them with a fair complaint to ask if they could rectify it, and they totally ignored it and never replied. As it is, I've just lived with it because to be honest, I know they won't do anything about it and I quite like the bike, and I don't want to go through another world of pain to get it sorted.

So IMHO Wiggle can be utterly awful. I've ordered probably just over £1000 worth of stuff if you include stuff my wife's bought from them in the last 12 months (via the CTC Store in all cases, but I've put Wiggle in the detail because, well, the CTC store is a website skin) and this is how they treat you!

I know I'll never be ordering from them again. They've had their pound of (disappointed) flesh from me.
--------
Blog : My Bike Rides
meic

Post by meic »

Shouldnt this advert for Wiggle be in their thread not CRC's :lol:
Yma o Hyd
vvserpent

Post by vvserpent »

I have ordered a E.13 DRS chain guide from C.R.C. . Fast delivery but there is some blots/ nuts / washers are missing.

The long chain ring blots/nuts are missing and hence I can’t install the bashguard now.

I have email C.R.C. but there is no any response till now. VERY DISAPPOINTED, I will not consider C.R.C. anymore.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

I ordered two sets of clark brake shoes on the 20th January 2010, each set including four pairs of brake shoes

Delivery was within 48 hours and FOC. Inaccurate order processing/order picking/dispatch led to 75% of my order being missing. It took 3.5 days to obtain a response to my emails (Though that does include a Saturday and Sunday). The response requested additional information about the order, requiring me to find a scanner and scan invoice/delivery documents,email said documents to CRC, find a digital camera, take digital photos of the partial delivery,email them to CRC and then await for internal investigations to presumably be held, processed, recorded and actioned :|

Instead of "following instructions" (I've neither access to a scanner or camera), I've returned the order to CRC, requesting a refund. The goods were cheap at half the price of 2/3 suppliers I routinely use. Though that did require ordering twice the quantity I require during the course of this year (The saving on the quantity required, would have been 33.3%), significant delays and all round hassle.

It's the first time I've used CRC and the last.
nando2369

Buying a chain

Post by nando2369 »

Can any one help bought a chain from chain reaction cycles got the chain fitted in a bike shop so it was done properly my boy used it twice and it snapped took it back to the shop they refitted the chain and it snapped again,took it back to the shop they told me it was a poor design in the chain and wont look at it anymore .Got back in touch with customer service of crc by telephone and you can forget it i was waiting half hour still stuck on number 4 in the que ,then i decided to email them where i had a responce after 2 days saying email them my telephone number, 6 days later no responce can any one tell me about this company am i wasting my time trying to get my money back.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

The only thing I've ever had from CRC is very good service,I've ordered quite a bit of stuff from them,its always been delivered promptly and at a great price too.I wish I could say their customer relations dept were good too but as I#ve never needed to contact them I wouldn't know.5 star service IMHO. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

Further to my earlier post, I have, to be fair to CRC been refunded :D

And not only have they refunded the full amount for goods which weren't delivered, the refund was within a couple of days of CRC receiving the the partial order back and they refunded my full postage costs. Given their terms & conditions state they'll only refund 1st class postage, whilst preferring goods being sent by recorded delivery, I'm relieved they refunded my full postage costs.

Though I'd still have preferred it, if they had sent the goods I'd ordered two weeks ago