Chain Reaction Cycles

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
gbnz

Re: Chain Reaction Cycles

Post by gbnz »

Fantastic company. Two orders placed Monday morning, deliveries received Tuesday, well packaged and FOC. I missed both deliveries but CRC's use of Royal Mail resulted in deliveries having been left at the local post office and sorting office, a 5 minute cycle ride to pick up.

Made a mistake on placing one order (A520 pedals, rather than A530). New set of pedals delivered within 24 hours, old set sent back FOC, in a simple and straightforward using the Collect Plus service (Merely printed off and completed a returns form, printed off a bar coded Collect Plus label, dropped package off at the corner shop, all sorted). :D
willcee

Post by willcee »

plus one.. service is exemplary, maybe because I'm a good customer and they are local in Ulster to me.. ordered a headset for a mates CANNONDALE CAAD 8 Friday late in the evening ,posted Sat i had package 9 am Monday.. wrongly boxed , rang them explained my problem and had a call back in 3 hours, sorted, and spoke with the teck guys, so i keep the wrong one, and we're expressing the correct one.. you'll have it Tuesday lunchtime..and it happened.. it was the correct one.. they are normally very quick, very correct, and in my opinion when I'm dealing with many suppliers all over the UK and beyond... they aren't always the cheapest.. AND the free post helps.. Will
Phil_Chadwick

Post by Phil_Chadwick »

I bought a hydraulic disc brake, hose and lever from them in late 2015. A couple of weeks ago the lever started leaking fluid and the brake stopped working.

I sent them a warranty claim by email and they sent be straight back a brand new replacement of all three components, gratis, without any need to return the old ones.

Excellent customer service.
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

Another "+1".

Prices are good, and whenever I've called they've known what they were on about and I got a very clear impression that they wanted me, the customer, to come away happy. Which I did.

I'd use them again and am happy to recommend them.

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
MarcusT

Post by MarcusT »

I ordered some tyres and tubes. It arrived in the stated time. Packed well. I would like the delivery company to improve their tracking. It seems that once the parcel hit mainland Europe, 'Parcelforce', would give vague, outdated updates about which country my package had arrived.
I wish it were as easy as riding a bike
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

MarcusT wrote:I ordered some tyres and tubes. It arrived in the stated time. Packed well. I would like the delivery company to improve their tracking. It seems that once the parcel hit mainland Europe, 'Parcelforce', would give vague, outdated updates about which country my package had arrived.

ITYM "Parcelfarce"...
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Placed an order on Friday dinnertime, had an email at 4pm to say it had been dispatched. Text came through this morning (monday) to say it had been delivered to the collect+ shop that I'd selected. Picked it up on the way home! Tracking system is good too.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

An excellent company, been using them since at least 2013. Until now.

Ordered a new tyre in April. Tyre (Schwalbe Delta Cruiser Plus) was clearly defective on arrival, the sidewall displaying numerous cracks, up to 7-8mm in length. I've never seen a tyre in such a state.

Tried to return it under CRC's Return Policy. CRC wanted photos of the tyre and wouldn't accept a return without photos (Nb. I don't have access to a camera, so initially gave it up as a lost cause), the cost/time issues in arranging a camera not being worth the hassle.

On reflection opted to return it as a Warranty isssue. CRC again wanted photos of the tyre. CRC also required a warranty form completed. The warranty form wouldn't download to my computer. I was under the impression that I'd managed to complete the form online and attach it to an email, but on examination none of the detail on the warranty form was saved and forwarded with the email. It's possible that if I arranged a printer (Nb. I don't have immediate access to a printer at present), I could have downloaded it, completed it by hand, scanned it in (Nb. I don't have immediate access to a scanner at present), attached it to an email and forwarded it.

On reflection, the 60-90 minutes I've wasted trying to return a defective product aren't worth it. CRC are an excellent company, but it hasn't worked out on this occasion (Nb. My lack of IT facilities at present are a substantial factor)
willcee

Post by willcee »

YEAH, i think a lot has happened since this Ulster based business was amalgamated with Wiggle earlier this year , previous experiences were great , this new vision of a previously great company may change if many peoples experiences with the Uk company prove to be like the reporting of probs in the past!!! will
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

used to use it a lot, in fact my main place of call.

Now far far less - no longer a reliable supplier of down to earth well priced bits - don't even bother looking at many of their special promos/bargains. They are often stuff that was overpriced/not needed to start with.
Sweep
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

I've bought 3 No. Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tyres from CRC Cycles this year.

My above post details my failure to get one of the tyres that was defective on delivery being replaced under the Returns or Warranty approach. I ended up opting to buy another identical tyre to replace it with from CRC Cycle. This tyre ok on arrival, sidewall started to fail after 2-3 weeks use, it's now failed in several places to an extent I've never previously experienced with a tyre (Nb. The tyre hasn't been subject to a load, off road or whatever, but is bulging 3-5mm outwards, with deep cracks visible).

I presume they've either had a defective load delivered, or given that they've been selling them at half price, they're getting rid of old stock.

Post script; While both the Returns and Warranty process were time consuming and difficult to negotiate I.e. Forms failing to download etc, etc, the submission of my Warranty claim for the 3rd and final defective tyre prompted a rapid response. Within 24 Hr's I had confirmation that online gift vouchers to the value of my original order would be provided and within 48 Hr's in total I'd received the gift vouchers.

I've still wasted £23.98+ in dealing with CRC Cycles, but to be fair the Warranty process was well managed once activated
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

I went online to order a 26 inch tyre. Chain Reaction had a sponsored ad in Google search headlining 26 inch Shwalbe tyres.
The item page quoted 700 size and I missed that. My contention is that if I go online for a 26 inch tyre and I get directed by a sponsored ad quoting 26 inch tyres, I should be able to buy a 26 inch tyre. Now Chain reaction are just going to come up with the usual bit about checking the small print.
I made the order on 2nd October. A day or two later, I checked my order and discovered I'd ordered a 700. In fact there were no 26 inch tyres of the type I wanted and it was too late to short circuit things.
So I get this 700 tyre delivered and promptly return it using the online return label.
I e mail Chain reaction because their chat line is busy!
They ignore my e mail and the three subsquent e mails. Of course I could telephone them today, but unlike 99.9% of businesses, they are unobtainable on Mondays!
There chat line is permanently busy!
Here I am 21 days down the line and I am totally in the dark.
I wouldn't touch them with the proverbial.
I'd rather go up the road and pay the man his mark up!
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

In addition, There Web Site tells you to keep trying if their chat line is busy!
As if their customers have time to wait for their Tardy reaction!
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

arnsider wrote:In addition, There Web Site tells you to keep trying if their chat line is busy!
As if their customers have time to wait for their Tardy reaction!

I s'pose you could say you're waiting in a chain to get a reaction :?
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

Well, I just came back from a short ride and no e mails from them and chat line still busy.
They are just having a laugh.