Wiggle - The CTC Shop, How do we get 10% discount??

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Wesh-Laurence

Wiggle - The CTC Shop, How do we get 10% discount??

Post by Wesh-Laurence »

How do CTC Members obtain their 10% discount when buying from Wiggle through the CTC Website?

The price I see on the "Public" Wiggle website is exactly the same as the price for the same goods if I access Wiggle through the CTC Website.
Mick F
Spambuster

Re: Wiggle - The CTC Shop, How do we get 10% discount??

Post by Mick F »

When you check out via CTC, it asks you for your membership number.

I got rather confused once by going in through Wiggle, selecting stuff, then coming in again through CTC. The cookies know who you are, and it seems the CTC bit got lost and my basket still had the stuff from before.

I solved the problem by resetting my browser and coming in again straight into CTC Shop.
Mick F. Cornwall
jezer

Post by jezer »

You don't get 10% off everything, only items at list price. If it is already discounted you will pay the same as if you went directly to the Wiggle site. If you access from CTC home page any discount is applied at the checkout.
Power to the pedals
Karen Sutton

Post by Karen Sutton »

I went to Wiggle CTC Shop today to buy a pump. The price on the ordinary Wiggle site is £26.99, with free postage and packing. It shows it at £29.99 in the CTC shop, but gives a £3.00 discount for CTC members. So far so good, it's now the same price as in the normal shop. (So no CTC discount in actual fact).
But when you then go to the checkout it adds £3.99 P & P, so it's now £30.98. :?

I think I'll stick with the LBS. They give a 10% discount to CTC members anyway. So much for a member benefit from CTC.
Tandem Man

Post by Tandem Man »

You can still opt for the free postage even if going through the CTC shop.

I have recently bought some saddles via the CTC shop and paid zero postage,came in two days as well.

Ian
Ian From Wakefield
Wesh-Laurence

Post by Wesh-Laurence »

It looks like everything on the public Wiggle Shop is discounted and therefore I'm not sure of the benefit of the CTC discount.

Therefore I'll keep shopping around.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I've commented on this before, that CTC discount takes it down to what Joe Public gets anyway.

Basically, if you're going to buy from Wiggle, go via "CTC Shop" as it helps to swell the CTC funds. "CTC Shop" pays CTC for the honour of being "CTC Shop".
Mick F. Cornwall
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

On an earlier thread about this sort of topic, John W posted an email from his CTC councillor which more or less said that there was no future in catering for the BOF section of the membership. (I cannot quote it verbatim because the author objected to its publication and John W loyally took it down).

One problem with us BOFs is that we tend to be able to work out percentages (and if it's 10% it's mental arithmetic :roll: )
Wesh-Laurence

Post by Wesh-Laurence »

Am I being think, what is a "BOF"?
jochta

Post by jochta »

Wesh-Laurence wrote:Am I being think, what is a "BOF"?

Boring Old Fart.

I hadn't realised the CTC Shop didn't offer an additional 10% off of normal Wiggle prices. That seems a bit odd, the CTC Shop prices are basically 10% more than the Wiggle prices so there is no discount?

The CTC Shop allows authenticated members of the CTC to shop with a special 10% discount. The CTC are the UK's National Cyclists Organisation, and have joined arms with Wiggle.co.uk, officially the UK's number one online bike shop. CTC members will be able to shop through the thousands of products and brands on offer with at least a 10% discount off the list price of all products!

Isn't that a bit misleading then? I'm confuddled (must be my BOF brain).

John
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I think it means that CTC members get 10% off the standard price, not 10% on top of any other discounts.

If Joe Public get 10% by way of a promotion, so what?
Mick F. Cornwall
jochta

Post by jochta »

Mick F wrote:I think it means that CTC members get 10% off the standard price, not 10% on top of any other discounts.

If Joe Public get 10% by way of a promotion, so what?

"special 10% discount" kind of implies exclusivity? It's not special if everyone is getting it anyway.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

But they're not getting all the time.

Either way, even if they are, CTC still gets a cut from CTC Shop, not Wiggle.
Mick F. Cornwall
jochta

Post by jochta »

Mick F wrote:But they're not getting all the time.

That's Ok then :)

Mick F wrote:Either way, even if they are, CTC still gets a cut from CTC Shop, not Wiggle.

And I've always gone in via the CTC Shop anyway so hadn't really noticed the normal Wiggle prices.

John
hugo67

Post by hugo67 »

My son calls me a BOF --and several other names beside that aren't nice! Eighteen year olds these days don't have any respect - young whippersnapper! :lol: