Aldi hose clips

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Si

Aldi hose clips

Post by Si »

I find that increasingly I'm using hose clips (jubilee clips) to hold things together on my bikes (especially those that are non-standard in some way, great for attaching bottle cages, lights, luggage, stiffening suspension, etc).

So when I saw that Aldi were doing boxes of about 34 hose clips of varying shapes and sizes or £2.49 I couldn't resist.

At my local motorfators hose clips are around 50p each so the Aldi ones are a bargain in comparison.

The clips themselves are indistinguishable from the more expensive ones that I already have.
james01

Re: Aldi hose clips

Post by james01 »

I'm into plastic zip-ties. I always carry an assortment of sizes (99p from local £1 shop), and they've been used for fixing anything from annoying rattles to broken mudguard stays. I recently had a "road find" 2 metre varnished hardwood plank zip-tied along my crossbar and hanging off the back.
kenny533

Post by kenny533 »

Zip-ties are the way forward. They now come is just about every size and colour.
As a Police cyclist we carry them in our ruck sac, and they have saved the day on many occasions.
Wilkos and Morrisons sell them v cheap.
mw3230

Post by mw3230 »

kenny533 wrote:Zip-ties are the way forward. They now come is just about every size and colour.
As a Police cyclist we carry them in our ruck sac, and they have saved the day on many occasions.
Wilkos and Morrisons sell them v cheap.

Useful for fastening prisoners hands as well I guess!
Retired and loving it
kenny533

Post by kenny533 »

I wish.
Unfortunately, we can only use our issued cuffs, wait for it....................due to Health & Safety!
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

kenny533 wrote:I wish.
Unfortunately, we can only use our issued cuffs, wait for it....................due to Health & Safety!

I suppose the Cuffs come in handy when you need to lock your bike up at the Caff' :wink:
You'll never know if you don't try it.
hubgearfreak

Post by hubgearfreak »

kenny533 wrote:I wish.

seems reasonable to me, unless you wish to inflict corporal punishment upon suspects.
and if that is the case, you really didn't ought to be a copper