Mark Anthony Bikes

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
scopewulf

Re: Mark Anthony Bikes

Postby scopewulf » 20 Jul 2011, 5:08pm

Received the following email today after emailing them & asking if I would receive my bike for my trip & why it was stated as dispatched on the 'tracking' page-

Hello
We hand build these bikes and this can take 10 working days.
99% of our reviews are perfect only 1% very small amount we have problems with and this is down to people wanting and expecting bikes next day we can not offer this service during busy times of the year as were only so many people this is why we email you a lengthy delivery time.
i am sure when you receive the bike you will be very happy with it.
Thank You

So didn't answer either of my questions really, & I dont understand the whole 'We hand build these bikes and this can take 10 working days.' statement, the bike I ordered is supplied by the distributer built up other than needing handlebars attaching & the seat/post fitting. Which is most likely how I will receive it! Oh well keeping my fingers crossed...

scopewulf

Postby scopewulf » 25 Jul 2011, 5:11pm

Well still no bike....phoned today & was told I had been transferred to the main shop as they were so busy at the online shop! Thought there was only one shop!? Anyway this guy who sounded just like the guy I have spoke to each time said I would have to email 'them' (as if it was a completely different company) and request a 'track & trace' so they could find out where it was. He had nothing to do with that side of it. Absolute nightmare, luckily paid by Pay Pal so hopefully I am covered :x

Tandem Man

Postby Tandem Man » 25 Jul 2011, 7:14pm

I had exactly the same problem with the "Track & Trace" malarkey.

These people should really not be allowed to trade.

Ian
Ian From Wakefield

scopewulf

Postby scopewulf » 26 Jul 2011, 11:31am

Just spoken to Mark Anthonys, they said that it was on route but because I opened a case in Pay Pal it had stopped the shipment at my local depot! These guys just get worse! I explained it was just a open dispute and I had not escalated it to a claim YET, to which he replied it will be with me tommorow. He also asked what bike it was to which as soon as I told him he instanly replied that they were having trouble with that model....I had actually spoken to Ison (the distributer) last week who said stock levels were very good for my bike. Well hopefully I will be receiving it tommorow!?!

scopewulf

Postby scopewulf » 28 Jul 2011, 6:11am

Received the bike at last! Tracked it Tuesday night as leaving there premises, so certainly not at my local depot then?! (ooh another lie?! never!) & received it mid Wensday morning. Guy took it out of van & his first words were "looks like some monkeys packed this"! couldn't believe it, only the frame was (badly) covered with both wheels hanging out and tape hanging off everywhere, it was shocking. Anyway I checked it over only to find both wheels were well out of true & the front brake hanger thing was missing, gears needed completely re-indexing too but thats normal. Anyway Mark Anthony called me later & asked if I could remove the Pay Pal dispute, I told him I would as soon as I had checked over the bike ( as I had yet to), I mentioned the packaging & he said that bike boxes do not exist that will fit a bike in fully with wheels on!!!! :roll: Leave the bloody wheel off then! "Oh we cant, we have to fit it" well firstly try fitting it the right way round & what about all the other stuff if its a safety thing? I had to fit bars & tape & s'post etc..... I have learnt my lesson to stay with the companys I know & suggest everyone does the same. Contemplating a call to Watchdog after all this, these guys really should be avoided at all costs, its not worth the risk, time & hassle.

Redvee

Postby Redvee » 28 Jul 2011, 12:10pm

scopewulf wrote:he said that bike boxes do not exist that will fit a bike in fully with wheels on!!!!

Moore Large & Co used to send bikes out fully assembled in boxes, albeit needing pedals fitting and bars turning but the boxes weren't the strongest of items. Cheap bikes and cheap boxes. I've seen expensive bikes have sections of wood in their boxes to give them much better rigidity and strength.