Bonthrone Bikes - New Management

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
neil_f

Bonthrone Bikes - New Management

Post by neil_f »

I ordered an expensive 5 litre can of chain oil from Bronthrone bikes on 1st February but although they took immediate payment from my credit card I have never received the product. I have sent many emails but only ever received one reply saying the oil would be shipped in 3 weeks time, this was over 2 months ago. I tried calling them today but the line is unanswered and a message on the website says the store is under new management and unable to take orders at present.

Does anyone know what is going on with this store? Am I covered with barclaycard or is there any other protection against stores taking payment and failing to deliver (and then possibly going bust or selling up)?

Thanks,

Neil.
rootes

Re: Bonthrone Bikes - New Management

Post by rootes »

dodgy as... do some search on the interweb they are in administration
spanner

Post by spanner »

rootes wrote:dodgy as... do some search on the interweb they are in administration

i ordered stuff from bonthrone before they went into administration then when i wnet onto their site and saw this decided it wasnt worth the risk ordering from them because of being in administration although i think they were still trying to trade
if new owners have taken over they will be doing a stock check which is why orders are suspended
whether they will honour outstanding orders remains to be seen
try contacting the administrators they should be able to say whether your order will be honoured or not
Wheelspin

Post by Wheelspin »

Just call your credit card company - they will refund you.