Wiggle

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
ianrobo

Re: Wiggle

Post by ianrobo »

Makes sense for both Rapha and Wiggle doing this and Rapha are changing since their take over
Winterflaw

Post by Winterflaw »

Heltor Chasca wrote:Wiggle excuses/reasoning went from cute excuses about 'gremlins in the warehouse' (I hate that excuse) to 'it's the couriers fault (which was a lie that didn't tie up with another excuse I was given

Yeah. I had the same thing, I think. They silently cancelled my order and I only found out after two weeks when I contacted them. They claimed it was a computer problem, but asked me to contact their fraud team (which has a wierd name, can't remember now - something which isn't obviously a fraud team, you have to Google to find out) when I next placed the order. I think they lied to me. I think they stopped the order because they thuoght it was fraudent (possibly because I use Revolut). They do this silently, which may or may not be understandable, depending on how much fraud they see. However, that's all by the by; you can't lie to people, because you remove from them to knowledge they need to decide if they want to do not want to place the order again.
Norton

Post by Norton »

I haven't used Wiggle for a long time but I recently ordered a pair of tyres. What was actually delivered was one tyre as ordered, while the other was a different model, colour and even size from that ordered. 48 hrs after notifying them of the problem, with back and forth of multiple emails "web chats" etc, Wiggle had still not offered to send me a correct replacement tyre to a definite timescale and it was only after several requests that I eventually got them to agree a refund with return carriage at their cost.

Life really is too short for this messing around over a pair of tyres. Given the amount of time wasted on trying to get a resolution and with my bike still off the road awaiting new tyres, the LBS looks an increasingly attractive option in future. As ever, it’s not so much the problem, though in this case I do wonder if they only had the one tyre in stock, but rather how it was handled. In view of the latter in particular, it will be another long time before I bother Wiggle with my custom again.
Last edited by Norton on 1 Aug 2019, 8:02pm, edited 3 times in total.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I always have stuff delivered to a shop local to where I work using their collect+ service, you used to be able to send stuff back for free from there but now you have to take it to the Asda. No big deal really.
NewHorizon

Post by NewHorizon »

Norton wrote:I haven't used Wiggle for a long time but I recently ordered a pair of tyres. What was actually delivered was one tyre as ordered, while the other was a different model, colour and even size from that ordered. 48 hrs after notifying them of the problem, with back and forth of multiple emails "web chats" etc, Wiggle had still not offered to send me a correct replacement tyre to a definite timescale and it was only after several requests that I eventually got them to agree a refund with return carriage at their cost.

Life really is too short for this messing around over a pair of tyres. Given the amount of time wasted on trying to get a resolution and with my bike still off the road awaiting new tyres, the LBS looks an increasingly attractive option in future. As ever, it’s not so much the problem, though in this case I do wonder if they only had the one tyre in stock, but rather how it was handled. In view of the latter in particular, it will be another long time before I bother Wiggle with my custom again.

Just return them using the online form, tick the box 'quality not as expected' and get your money back in a few days. Pointless discussing it with them when there is a robust returns service available. From 100's of orders over the years I can only recall one error, it's bound to happen, it's annoying but life's too short etc
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

Quite funny story as ordered the new Roam with my 17% discount which at 263 makes it a bargain ... told someone and less than 24 hours that was withdrawn from the offer ! Lucky eh !
NewHorizon

Post by NewHorizon »

ianrobo wrote:Quite funny story as ordered the new Roam with my 17% discount which at 263 makes it a bargain ... told someone and less than 24 hours that was withdrawn from the offer ! Lucky eh !

That's 12% by my calcs. Yes, I saw that and ordered one - Wahoo don't allow discounting and this slipped thought the net for a short time. Unfortunately, the Roam is less than impressive and mine has already gone back - the action on the bottom row of buttons is awful and the RH one didn't really work. Coupled with very laggy software, the maps takings several seconds to render, and other issues, it was all a bit meh, so I'll stay with the Bolt for the time being.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

No touchscreen and no tether either!
ianrobo

Post by ianrobo »

I think lack of touchscreen. Is not an issue for us WHoo users!
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I read a couple of reviews and the battery life appears to be good, I've just got used to having a touchscreen; colour screen and all garmins look sleek. The roam looks too much like a prototype off tomorrow's world.
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

Reading all these comments tells me one thing and that is that Wiggle are inconsistent.
That has been my own experience of them.
MEDIOCRE.
My latest negative experience says it all.
Ordered some gloves using their suggested measurement of size.
Collected order from collection point.
Gloves too small.
Okay returns.
Totally user unfriendly web pages.
Online Chat?
Not working.
E mail?
Told to go to online chat??.......
Awaiting their tawdry reply now.
I might just as well have gone to Sports direct and likely got a better deal.
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

Update on the above.
Got through to Wiggle chatline today.
Have to take the parcel to ASDA which is three miles away (Not the BP garage I was able to collect from)
I won't be doing anymore business with them.
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Did you have to pay a return fee?
arnsider

Post by arnsider »

They said they would reimburse my postage costs.
I haven't checked.
The joke is that I turned to Chain reaction in the end only to learn from a mate that it is the same outfit!

"Instead of using technology to automate processes, think about using technology to enhance human interaction"
Tony Zambito.
Hudson1984

Post by Hudson1984 »

I've had great experiences with wiggle, but lately the niggles in customer service have crept in...

I had a bent rear mech hanger, spoke to them, asked if they could recommend a replacement and forwarded me a rear derailieur… I mean it was close at least!

Returned some clothing that was made for an anorexic ant.. saw it had been received so asked when the refund is due. Got a normal cut and paste reply from Ts & Cs, which whilst being pretty clear, wasn't really personal, just seemed a bit "computer said no"

so overall, pretty happy, I paid for 1 year next day delivery so don't have any issues there at least. But as everything else - could do with a bit better customer service.