Wiggle

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
mrbarry

Wiggle

Post by mrbarry »

Again wiggle have done me proud. I had a Raleigh Carbon Comp last December and for the price I was more than impressed. Under a grand for a full carbon bike with 105 group set and a good spec all around. After about 8 months of riding and 2500 miles or so the frame developed a hair line crack by the bottom bracket, I was unsure if it was structural or surface, it was perhaps even a scratch that had dirt in it as the frame is white around there. I contacted Wiggle as soon as I could and sent pictures. They got back to me and I asked a LBS to have a look and they said they thought it may be a crack. Wiggle them sent me a bike box, arranged collection and sent it back to Raleigh, all at their own cost! They insisted the bike be replaced and returned it to me again at no cost to me what so ever. This was last month and I now have a 2011 bike rather than a 2010 bike, it has upgraded wheels, bars and seat, and is zero miles old. Its like a new for old upgrade. :mrgreen:

10 out of 10 for service then, communicated well with me at all times and sorted the problem out perfectly. I thought they deserved a few words on here for their hard work, thank you Wiggle!
Doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride!
orca

Re: Wiggle ftw

Post by orca »

I agree, I have always found Wiggle to be a top company to buy from.
debbea

Post by debbea »

Wiggle UK are possibly the worst company I've had the displeasure of dealing with. The provide incorrect parts, and then refuse to answer emails. We've been trying since Nov 10 to get a response from them for an order that was inadvertently ordered incorrectly, could not be cancelled, and now we can't return the parts - they are useless and hopeless, and I love to bag them out to everyone I meet - and quite a few too! It is a major part, and for a single income family, a $350 part is quite expensive. I'd never use them again, I think they are not worth wasting time, effort and money on. The have cost us, not saved us, and I'm really really unhappy with the complete lack of service - we've sent a dozen emails, have all the responses saying they'll get back to us within 8 hrs, and still nothing.
A friend of ours is in contact with them regarding our issue, and get a response from them - email us directly and we'll sort it out - yeah rigth!!!!!!! STILL waiting on that one.
TOTALLY useless company to deal with, and would never recommend them to anyone.
Steve Kish

Post by Steve Kish »

I'm not a Wiggle fan - CRC for me! :mrgreen:
Old enough to know better but too young to care.
DavidT

Post by DavidT »

Ordered a rack bag (as a gift) prior to Christmas. No problems. Good service.
mrbarry

Post by mrbarry »

I have used them a number of times lately and always good service. Perhaps ordering the correct bits helped. :lol:
Doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride!
lobsterboyuk

Post by lobsterboyuk »

I've spent 1000's over the years and no serious problems yet and always excellent customer service IME - although as per another thread today they seem to have prematurely applied the 20% VAT rate to items invoiced before 4th Jan?
hondated

Wiggle

Post by hondated »

Anyway what it is about is that returned my Pasella tyre that went bang and I have just been informed that a replacement is on its way.They have also given me a refund for the postage.

Great service I would say.
PaulB

Re: Wiggle

Post by PaulB »

I have bought loads of stuff from Wiggle over the years and have never had a problem - always first class service. However, since they re-vamped their web site it has become a pain to use and is very slow.
kyussmondo

Post by kyussmondo »

Amazing service. I ordered new pedals and shoes and they arrived next day. They even chucked in a free bag of Haribo! They have lots of stock and I would definitely buy from them again.
lackofgrip

Post by lackofgrip »

I have spent lots of money with Wiggle, and I have to say so far I have had no problems.

I have only had to return 1 item but it was a manufacturer fault and they refunded my card payment within 5 working days

very happy with wiggle
Previous :- Raleigh Burner,Grifter,Chopper,Activator, Claude Butler Rock, Carrera TDF, Focus Cayo, T30 Hybrid, Planet X Team Alu, TREK 1.5, Specialized Rockhopper SL, Raleigh Medale Fixie, Pro Carbon TT
Current :- CUBE Peloton Race, Planet X Kaffenback 2
LowPlainsDrifter

Post by LowPlainsDrifter »

Recently bought some Carradice Super C panniers from Wiggle. I was missing one set of clips for one pannier.
Contacted Wiggle at 4pm and they replied next am. Informed me they would sourse missing parts which they did and emailed me when they had and sent them out.
Took a couple of weeks but the customer service was very good and kept me informed and supplied me with some extra parts as spares plus another energy drink and haribos.
So I cant complain about the customer service at all. Very good overall I would say.
I will use Wiggle again. I'm happy with the service I got :D
zero population growth.
no to the rat race thanks.
lackofgrip

Post by lackofgrip »

I've got to give Wiggle another thumbs up. I had a few problems with the bike I bought not enough grease in the headset when I took it for first service told wiggle about this they offered to fully refund my servicing charge.

A+++++++++ For customer service
Previous :- Raleigh Burner,Grifter,Chopper,Activator, Claude Butler Rock, Carrera TDF, Focus Cayo, T30 Hybrid, Planet X Team Alu, TREK 1.5, Specialized Rockhopper SL, Raleigh Medale Fixie, Pro Carbon TT
Current :- CUBE Peloton Race, Planet X Kaffenback 2
Tailwind666

Post by Tailwind666 »

I have so far been very disappointed with the service of this firm. I have placed 3 orders including a bike and have found the customer service to be very inconsistent.
My first order for the bike and some accessories took nearly 3 weeks to arrive (it was all showing in stock when I ordered) although in fairness when I chased it up they did give me a £15 voucher which was appreciated. Shortly afterwards I had my seatpost and saddle stolen from the bike so I contacted Wiggle to see if they could order me a like for like repalcement. The response was 'if its not on the site we cant get it' which I thought was very poor considering they had sold me the bike, but I had read some good reviews for another saddle which they stocked so ordered that instead. In the email they had also mentioned if I wanted any advice on compatibilty to get back to them for advice. When I did this (re. a compatible seatpost) they said they had no information on which size seatpost I needed even though they had sold me the bike! They said I should measure it myself which I did, however after the unhelpful reply when asking for advice I went elsewhere to buy.
Lastly I placed another order and paid the £3.99 for priority despatch, the site states orders paying for priority despatch will ship the same day if placed before 2PM.
I placed my order before 2PM on the Monday. I was aware there were no guarantees to the service but my order was not even despatched until the Wednesday, they have since refused to refund the £3.99 which is the final straw for me, I'll go elsewhere from now on.
northernmonkey

Post by northernmonkey »

Very upset with Wiggle. Only ordered a couple of pairs of brake pads. The order was apparently processed on 30th June but still hasn't arrived. Managed to find a number for them (NOT on their website- clearly want to deter callers), to be told that I have to canvass neighbours and my local sorting office. When I said I wanted to cancel the order, I was told I've got to wait 10 working days (ie 14th July).

NOT HAPPY! :evil:

Be safe out there folks

Mark