Wiggle

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Smith873

Wiggle - Carradice Nelson Longflap

Post by Smith873 »

During the first week of January I ordered and paid for a Carradice Nelson Longflap from Wiggle. Since then every month or so I receive sporadic emails from Wiggle to say that the delivery will be delayed by up to a further month due to a shortage of stock from the manufacturer. I've emailed Wiggle a couple of times to ask them to give me a realistic timeframe of when I could expect my Nelson to be delivered, but they won't and its really frustrating. They just seem to lurch from one month to the next without any idea of when they will receive new stock, but at the same time seem quite happy to take people's money.

Has anyone else experienced delays ordering Carradice products from Wiggle, and if so then how long did you have to wait to receive the item?
Smith873

Re: Wiggle

Post by Smith873 »

...maybe its just me then having problems with wiggle. Have still not received the Carradice Nelson. Their website is currently showing it as being out of stock but normally available within 2-7 days. Plainly misleading.
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

Smith 873, I think I'm a fairly patient person, & always give the benefit of the doubt but I don't think I'd wait that long for my goods without growing extremely agitated.

I think Wiggle have some good deals, but I do not have the patience to use their site. Maybe it's my computer but their site is so slow, & on the couple of occasions I have tried to order something, I've ended up going elsewhere for pure expedience.

Best of luck with the delivery, Christmas is coming!!!!

Simon
Flinders

Re: Wiggle - Carradice Nelson Longflap

Post by Flinders »

Smith873 wrote:During the first week of January I ordered and paid for a Carradice Nelson Longflap from Wiggle. Since then every month or so I receive sporadic emails from Wiggle to say that the delivery will be delayed by up to a further month due to a shortage of stock from the manufacturer. I've emailed Wiggle a couple of times to ask them to give me a realistic timeframe of when I could expect my Nelson to be delivered, but they won't and its really frustrating. They just seem to lurch from one month to the next without any idea of when they will receive new stock, but at the same time seem quite happy to take people's money.

Has anyone else experienced delays ordering Carradice products from Wiggle, and if so then how long did you have to wait to receive the item?

Have you tried contacting Carradice direct? I've found them very helpful. You can buy direct from them on their own website now, or over the phone as I did.
Smith873

Post by Smith873 »

Yes, I contacted Carradice directly. They got back to me really quickly - lovely people. They said that they do sometimes have problems with retailers selling their products even though they haven't been made yet! Carradice apparently don't deal with wiggle directly. Wiggle get their stock through wholesalers.

I could buy directly from Carradice but the price difference with my wiggle order will be something like £18 including postage.

Latest on the wiggle website is that they will have the Carradice Nelson Longflap in stock in mid-Sep. I contacted wiggle again the other day and apparently I'm at the top of the list - we'll see :?
Karen Sutton

Post by Karen Sutton »

I ordered a pair of Carradice Super C rear panniers from Wiggle at the beginning of July. After a couple of weeks I had heard nothing. I contacted them and was told they had no idea when they would be back in stock. I asked for and received a refund. I looked around on the internet and found Carradice did not have any at that time. Some websites said the panniers had been discontinued. Some simply said "out of stock". I eventually found some on the Picton Cycles (Liverpool) site. Before ordering I called to check they were in stock. They were so I ordered them. They offer free postage for orders over £30.00, so no postage charge. The panniers arrived 2 days later. Result!

I need new tyres now and want Schwalbe Marathons which I know my LBS doesn't stock. No messing with Wiggle this time. I ordered them from Picton Cycles. They will be my first port of call now if it is something the LBS doesn't have.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I have bought stuff from Wiggle over several years and have always had excellent service. I ordered a Selle saddle from them on Friday morning - using their free delivery option - and had to cut my Saturday morning lie in short to take delivery from the post van! Very quick and efficient.
Smith873

Post by Smith873 »

My Carradice Nelson Longflap finally arrived last Wednesday, only 9 months after having placed my order with Wiggle!

PaulB, I've ordered absolutely tonnes of stuff from Wiggle over the past few years. I always choose their free delivery option and generally, like your experience, it nearly always drops through my letterbox within a couple of days. Maybe my WIggle experience on this occasion was an exception.
Smith873

Post by Smith873 »

btw, my Longflap was lovingly assembled by Ann. Thanks Ann! A great piece of kit - recommended.
Si

Post by Si »

Big box of stuff ordered.
Not sure if I got a ctc discount.
Anyway, it came quite quickly and the price was still cheaper than elsewhere.
But the box contained several heavy items and it wasn't taped up at all well, thus when it got to me it was split wide open. Luckily the courier seemed quite good and had ensured that nothing had fallen out.
danfoto

Wiggle

Post by danfoto »

Last Monday I ordered a 110cm Abus Steel-o-chain lock from Wiggle. On Wednesday I received from Wiggle an 85cm Abus Steel-o-chain lock.

I emailed Wiggle thus

I am not a happy bunny. City Link has just dropped off my order no.6206051812, which was for a 110cm Abus Steel O Chain bike lock. That's what I paid for, that's what is on the receipt, but what is in the box is the 85cm one. Where do we go from here so that I might become a happy bunny, and perhaps be inclined to do business with Wiggle again?

In response, I got ...

Thank you for your email and apologies for our error. Would it be possible for you to attach an image of the item we have sent you for our records and we will be able to advise you further. Please let me know, many thanks in advance.

In other words, we don't believe you. Prove it.

So I sent them a picture oops an image, and asked why I had to do that. The best they could do by way of an answer was

Unfortunately we have to check before we can arrange any correction and it helps us to have proof of the errors that we have made to improve our service for the future.

At which point I gave up on Wiggle. They arranged for the wrong item to be collected, and today, instead of the expected delivery of the correct item 8 days after I ordered it, I've just got a refund from them ...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
windcatcher

Post by windcatcher »

I had a box of simple stuff recently and they had sent 4 brake cable outers and 4 gear cable inners, instead of 2 outers and 2 inners of each. Nuisance. Some were apparently not in stock. On back order for a week or so, but oddly showing stock on site.

Not good, if simple stuff like that is not being sent accurately.
Also know some folks who have cancelled orders recently for delays.

I suspect the takeover by Bridgepoint in December has disrupted the business, moved people around etc. etc.

Big lesson in takeovers - leave the business you're buying alone for a good long time - they'll feel disrupted even if you don't do any 'reorganising' at all !
My bike's heavier than yours because I'm still training
www.grumpyshopper.co.uk
drimcgovern

Re: Wiggle - Fantastic service!

Post by drimcgovern »

I have been a regular customer with Wiggle for many years.
I recently order a pair of Continental GP 4 Season road tyresaaa part of a bundle. I received a pair of Gatorskins. Clearly this was an error in what must be a massive warehouse with an almost unimaginable turnover.
I completed a return form online and within minutes received an (automated) reply. The reply requested that I e-mail customer services with more details. One line was enough. Again, within minutes, a response. A simple request for a photo of the goods received to enable them to confirm and investigate the error. Again minutes later a response to assure me that they would exchange the goods and a promise to refund any postage costs incurred. This was a promise kept.
Total turnaround time: 4 days (from the time of my original order).
Hard to imagine a better service!
goatwarden

Post by goatwarden »

I used to use them quite often but have recently had a lesson in why never to use them again. Below is the final nail in their coffin; it was their ultimate explanation of all the problems they had caused me over the previous month which had started by me ordering an in-stock item, them telling me it was out of stock and failing to refund me then deciding it was in stock after all and charging me again, then failing several times to effect a refund, forcing me to write eight detailed e-mails asking why all their systems had changed:

“Thank you for your replies and are taking the issues very seriously. We are working close with our development team to make our website and system as smooth as possible.

Unfortunately when placing an order the only options to amend the payment cards are in the account before making the purchase to set a different card under the default card or the card was able to be amended under the 'Payment method' sign before confirming the order. W

We as such only keep little card information , this is due to security measures I am afraid and would not send these out paper.

Refunds , transactions can only be made through our site and to the original payment method unfortunately. When attempting the previous refunds we are of course looking into why these has not gone through via Paypal on three previous order numbers . We can only suggest of a technical error at the time.

With paypal refunds for example , we send the refund a cross and once it has received successful in the account and accepted it then triggers a transaction ID. A card refund can only be made if this is stored in the wiggle account. Without this a refund will not reach unfortunately.

We are certain that this is not of a regular occurrence and refunds and transactions are usually fast without any issues. We are terribly sorry that you have encountered this issue .

We would like to send you as gift of apology the following item to help restoring your faith with us: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-pro-triple-lens-sunglasses/

You may wish to let us know the colour you prefer and the delivery address.

Please let us know if this would be acceptable. “

I reluctantly accepted the sunglasses (they mist-up in exactly the same way as the similar items I had previously which I was glad to see snap when I dropped them!) and decided it simply wasn’t worth the effort to pursue any further.

This was, as all previous mails, signed with a very english name. The wording and grammar of this note is reminiscent of the helpful calls I get from gentlemen offering to repair the Windows fault on my computer. I can only assume that most of their admin has been moved to somewhere far from Portsmouth (from where it always used to be very good) as a “cost saver” under their new ownership.

The strangest thing I have queried is that you can only pay with cards whose details are stored on their site (this was why they failed to refund my card, as in horror at the changes I had removed my card details- not a problem with any other retailer as they have all the card information to effect a refund from the original transaction) and none of their communications quote even the last four figures of the card number. It makes me wonder if they are so cautious about not repeating a card fraud problem that Wiggle suffered very early in it’s existence that they don’t chose to trust overseas admin providers with any card details; not a very satisfactory basis for a retail business.
butcher_boy

Re: Wiggle - Fantastic service!

Post by butcher_boy »

drimcgovern wrote:I have been a regular customer with Wiggle for many years.
I recently order a pair of Continental GP 4 Season road tyresaaa part of a bundle. I received a pair of Gatorskins. Clearly this was an error in what must be a massive warehouse with an almost unimaginable turnover.
I completed a return form online and within minutes received an (automated) reply. The reply requested that I e-mail customer services with more details. One line was enough. Again, within minutes, a response. A simple request for a photo of the goods received to enable them to confirm and investigate the error. Again minutes later a response to assure me that they would exchange the goods and a promise to refund any postage costs incurred. This was a promise kept.
Total turnaround time: 4 days (from the time of my original order).
Hard to imagine a better service!

Perhaps getting the order correct would be a better service?