Wiggle

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
goatwarden

Re: Wiggle

Post by goatwarden »

philg wrote:Has anyone else had problems with wrong delivery addresses?
I've just had a call from a previous employer telling me my latest order has turned up there (I used to have deliveries sent there, but left 2 years ago!)
Logged on to my account, and sure enough there it was - in fact the only address showing was the old one.
Weird - the last 2 years worth of orders have successfully been delivered to my home address.

Following my experience with them earlier this year, that does not surprise me at all. I believe they have made significant changes to their data storage and communications which mean they are not in control. I suspect they have placed a lot of their work outside the UK but don't trust the new supplier sufficiently to give them total data control.

My experience gave me cause to no longer trust them and as a result I don't expect to be placing any further business with them.
Aushiker

Post by Aushiker »

As an "overseas" purchaser one probably takes a higher risk when dealing with a business such as Wiggle and whilst I do not buy much from them now days (prices are now pretty high compared to their competitors based on my research when I place an order) I have had a good run with them in terms of deliveries and more so in terms of warranty issues. I now have a still usable Scicon AeroComfort Plus Bike Bag which I ended up not paying for as Wiggle around a full refund for me due to warranty issues.

They handled the claim without drama and without having to post the bag back to the UK.

Pretty happy with that level of service and happy to do business with them again.

Regards
Andrew
binsted

Post by binsted »

Reading my local CTC website I am informed as a CTC member I am entitled to 12% discount when buying at Wiggle through the link provided. It goes through CTC shop portal but even at checkout every item I checked is the same price as anyone can get direct from Wiggle.

So is this a con or sharp practice, I take a dim view of people trying to mug me.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Ordered a pair of MicroFlare lights on Friday, the package turned up yesterday and 2 pairs arrived. Tweeted this to their Twitter handle and their reply was 'Well done, finders keepers' so a £14 pair of lights turned into 2 £7 pairs of lights :D
Guy951

Post by Guy951 »

Redvee wrote:...so a £14 pair of lights turned into 2 £7 pairs of lights :D

What an excuse to get another bike. "I've got the lights, now I just need something to put them on" :D
What manner of creature's this, being but half a fish and half a monster
broadway

Post by broadway »

binsted wrote:Reading my local CTC website I am informed as a CTC member I am entitled to 12% discount when buying at Wiggle through the link provided. It goes through CTC shop portal but even at checkout every item I checked is the same price as anyone can get direct from Wiggle.

So is this a con or sharp practice, I take a dim view of people trying to mug me.

I think this has been discussed before, IIRC it means is that you will get a minimum discount of 12%. If the discount on an item is already 12% then the CTC discount does not affect the price.
NewHorizon

Post by NewHorizon »

broadway wrote:
binsted wrote:Reading my local CTC website I am informed as a CTC member I am entitled to 12% discount when buying at Wiggle through the link provided. It goes through CTC shop portal but even at checkout every item I checked is the same price as anyone can get direct from Wiggle.

I think this has been discussed before, IIRC it means is that you will get a minimum discount of 12%. If the discount on an item is already 12% then the CTC discount does not affect the price.

At some point you should be asked for your membership number - once that’s entered the 12% discount shows UNLESS, as already noted, the discount is already more than 12%. The application of the 12% discount was very flaky at one point - I had to email to get it applied in retrospect, but I thought it had been fixed. I also went via the CTC shop recently and noticed a large number of items on the wiggle site are not available via the CTC route, so I've abandoned it.
philg

Post by philg »

Just had a resolution to my complaint re mis-delivery (Nov 13th post here) and it's no thanks to Wiggle either.

Disputed Amount:
£22.38 GBP
Status
Your claim has been resolved and you'll receive a £22.38 GBP refund.

Well done Paypal

I was using Wiggle less and less as their prices were getting less competitive compared with CRC and Ribble - it will be no hardship to not use them at all after this.

On the subject of Ribble - their service seems to have improved markedly recently!
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

Guy951 wrote:
Redvee wrote:...so a £14 pair of lights turned into 2 £7 pairs of lights :D

What an excuse to get another bike. "I've got the lights, now I just need something to put them on" :D

The original plan was to put the rear on my helmet and the front on the frame. The rear light was too small so I have one on each side of the pannier rack and the fronts are mounted on the front of the forks.
antnee

Post by antnee »

I just used Wiggle I admit it was the first time but I ordered pedals and SPD shoes items were here the next day and that was post free which they claim can take up to three days But I am more than happy with them also had good reports about them from friends and my son too. So I think on the whole they are a good company lets face it it stands to reason that the amount of customers they must have, they must have the periodic mistake?

As you can see spelling and grammar just isn't one of my forte's
Regards all Antnee
daddig

Post by daddig »

Have used Wiggle for the last seven or so years with no problems, when I have made mistakes in my ordering they have changed the items with no quibbles and have refunded my postage! So a big thumbs up from me!
Mike G
teamcrane

Post by teamcrane »

Great service. Have never had a problem with deliveries.
ankaradan

Post by ankaradan »

I've used them a couple of times in the last few weeks and found their prices, on some items at least to be competetive; 6 days from placing the order to it arriving at my door seems pretty good to me.
gaz

Post by gaz »

Placed an order for some SKS chromoplastic mudguards and tubes which arrived very promptly :D . Tubes are fine :D .

Wiggle's on-line sizing guide does not match with SKS Pxx categories. Invoice listed the part as P45BC (P45 Black Chromopastic?) which would have been perfect but guards sent are P50 :? .

Arranging return/exchange, I'll report back :| .

Edit 16/6/13: Return arrangements could have been a little more efficient / simpler. As I was returning as a "wrong item" I was requried to contact Wiggle first. With no reply after 48 hours I had to chase the enquiry. Subsequent return has been made by Collect+ and I anticipate that part will go smoothly.

Still none the wiser as to whether or not Wiggle intended to send P45 in exchange or re-imburse and leave me to sort it out :? .

Edit 21/6/13: e-mail received advising return received at Wiggle. With the return I had enclosed further notes to indicate P45 required, not P50. Subsequent e-mail to advise a set of mudguards are on the way. I wonder what size they'll be :| .

Edit 25/6/13: arrived yesterday, P45 :D . In retrospect a reasonable return and exchange experience.
Last edited by gaz on 25 Jun 2013, 9:10pm, edited 3 times in total.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
easyroller

Post by easyroller »

Had another smooth Wiggle experience last week. :)

Ordered on the Monday night, chose their free deivery service, arrived on Thursday morning.

Sure I'd prefer LBS, but the stock choice and prices are just too good on Wiggle - although I've just been informed that Evans (which is kind of a local bike shop I guess) do a price match on all Wiggle in-stock items. Good to know.