Wiggle

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Fairweather

Re: Wiggle

Post by Fairweather »

philvantwo wrote:I always have stuff delivered to a shop local to where I work using their collect+ service, you used to be able to send stuff back for free from there but now you have to take it to the Asda. No big deal really.

I used the drop shop at Argos last year, a horrendous experience. What should have been a hassle free 3 day delivery turned into 6 weeks of ridiculous time wasted on the phone. All because of a single digit error in the customer retrieval code. Never again.
andrewwillans49

Post by andrewwillans49 »

Internet search of latex inner tubes showed £8 at Wiggle £8.05 at Sigma. Bought three from Wiggle and they cost£12.99 each as they're a popular size. Feel robbed of £15
I should have checked the basket, nevertheless still feel wronged. Sigma £8.05 all sizes.
Shame on Wiggle.
And me
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Well send them back and get a refund then!!!
philg

Post by philg »

Have you seen the size of their operation?
I started tracking my CRC order, surprised to see it was in the Midlands, not NI or Portsmouth I lazily assumed it would come from so I Google mapped it - wow, a massive warehouse must be over 150m square, surely not just for sporting bits?

https://tinyurl.com/y9gdoydk
The weekend comes, my cycle hums
NewHorizon

Post by NewHorizon »

That's a lot bigger than 150m2! They turn over £400m a year, just in sporting bits!
simonineaston

Post by simonineaston »

Did you know that they shift a ton of seconds via their auction site shop, tri-sport_resort?
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

simonineaston wrote:Did you know that they shift a ton of seconds via their auction site shop, tri-sport_resort?

I must have once known this and then forgotten as I have just seen that I have it as a saved ebay shop.
Maybe I can see why I forgot about it.
Some heavy bidding on lots of stuff.
And postage added to each item, sometimes a fiver or so.
Can't help but wonder if a fair few folk end up paying more than they could have got stuff elsewhere.
I rarely use Wiggle these days anyway - they seem more interested in catering for fashionable racing snakes, cycling-the-new-golf folks.
Sweep
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

Speaking of Wiggle, I just looked up their CTC poly bags to carry on a tour as a 'just in case'. What used to be a fiver is now £10.20 plus 3 quid postage.

Then realised I have a Chinese bike cover that cost about 70 pence in a Japanese 100 yen shop. I'll have to see if they sell them in our pound shops.

Alternatively large heavy duty poly bags are about £2:30 each from wholesalers, but you need to buy a roll of 30 for £70-ish.

(Yes, I know you can get for free from bed shops, but they don't fold so well.)
RickH

Post by RickH »

I'd not bought anything from wiggle for a while but they had by far the best deal on something I was looking for (~£60 less) so I got it from them.

Ordered Monday afternoon (5th) with an estimated delivery of Friday. Despatched the following day (6th) & delivered the day after (Wednesday 7th).

I can't find anything to to complain about with that.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

I was looking at Wiggle's cycling gloves.

I liked the look of the Flashlight ones.
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-flashlight ... g-gloves-1
I measured my hand, and thought about Extra Large at 22-23cm circumference.

I checked out Chain Reaction ........... owned by Wiggle?
They have the Flashlight gloves too ........ at the same price of course.
https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/dhb ... prod192256

It seems CR and Wiggle don't agree on the XL size.
CR say XL is 24cm.

I asked Wiggle by putting a new question on their Q+A section only to have it refused!
Tried twice more using different wording ........ still refused! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick F. Cornwall
Ride-sleep-repeat

Post by Ride-sleep-repeat »

I've ordered twice from Wiggle in the past two weeks and paid for next day delivery at £3.99 on both occasions.The first came after three days,the second came today at 13:00 despite being ordered at 19:00 yesterday!A bit hit and miss theses days but at least I got Haribo.
rogerzilla

Post by rogerzilla »

The biggest problem now is lack of stock, made especially annoying by the fact that they pay to come near the top of Google searches for most cycling items. 10 to 1 it will be "no longer available" if you click through.
Syd

Wiggle

Post by Syd »

Signa buys Wiggle as part of a $3.2b deal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germ ... -772cg9q28
RickH

Post by RickH »

Syd wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 11:05am Signa buys Wiggle as part of a $3.2b deal.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/germ ... -772cg9q28
IIRC Wiggle already had a German connection as they (or their parent company) had bought Bike24 a few years back. I don't know how if that is mentioned after the 1st bit that is available to view.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
Syd

Wiggle

Post by Syd »

The story doesn’t state any previous German link but names Bridgepoint, a private equity company, as the majority stake holder.

WiggleCRC bought Bike24 in 2017 and sold it back to Riverside in 2019.