online shop tredz

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Neil from Fife

online shop tredz

Post by Neil from Fife »

Has anybody used them? Just want to make sure they reputable before I purchase a bike from them.
herzog

Re: online shop tredz

Post by herzog »

I've bought numerous smaller items from them (brakes, bar tape and cabling) and have always recieved quick service. One item was not in stock when the order was placed online, they called to let me know there would be a small delay in dispatching my order (I think this was around 2 to 3 day).

Herzog
vjosullivan

Post by vjosullivan »

I bought an additional handlebar clip for an obsolete Cateye bike speedo, last week. It arrived a couple of days later without problem.
E25
Neil from Fife

Post by Neil from Fife »

Thanks for the replies.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

yep, they're reputable They've got two stores in South Wales, and the online shop is often cheaper than in-store.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

if you go to the shop, check prices online as they will give you the cheapest price.

good shop, the older guys there know bikes.

Online shop is a good place.
--
Burls Ti Tourer for tarmac
Saracen aluminium full suss for trails.
Neil from Fife

Post by Neil from Fife »

Thanks for all the replies, but I have changed my mind as I am going to try and get my work to take part in the cycle to work scheme.
meic

Post by meic »

andrewjoseph wrote:if you go to the shop, check prices online as they will give you the cheapest price.

As does the woman! If they bothered to employ a serious woman cyclist, you could at least not be so gender specific.
Yma o Hyd
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

meic wrote:
andrewjoseph wrote:if you go to the shop, check prices online as they will give you the cheapest price.

As does the woman! If they bothered to employ a serious woman cyclist, you could at least not be so gender specific.

Never come across a woman who sells or fixes bike. Is it due to discrimination or are women so intelligent and well qualified these days that they can get more interesting and well paid jobs like a banker, lawyer, accountant, doctor or teacher?
They seem good to me. I've just ordered the Madison Elevate Gilet from them as reviewed recently in Cycle. It should match my new smoking jacket.
They told me that it would be late because it was out of stock and then a day later they've informed me that it has been despatched so 10 out of 10 for communication.
£10 off the normal price and postage free.
jonty
beejayess

Post by beejayess »

Just bought my cube curve from them through cycle to work scheme - absolutely painless.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

meic wrote:

Sorry if I've upset you meic, but it's almost my local bike shop, and I've never seen a woman working there.

I also tend to use the word 'guys' to refer a group of people, regardless of gender. No one in the mixed sex groups I've taken out for tuition/guiding has complained.... yet.
--
Burls Ti Tourer for tarmac
Saracen aluminium full suss for trails.
meic

Post by meic »

andrewjoseph wrote:
meic wrote:

Sorry if I've upset you meic, but it's almost my local bike shop, and I've never seen a woman working there.

I also tend to use the word 'guys' to refer a group of people, regardless of gender. No one in the mixed sex groups I've taken out for tuition/guiding has complained.... yet.

I am not upset, it just seems rather odd that when you do get an experienced female cyclist managing to break into a male dominated world that the term "guys" was still used.
Possibly a bit of anti-americanism on my part (I think women call other women guys over there?) as you havent seen her anyway, maybee she isnt there anymore anyway.
Yma o Hyd
The Mechanic

Post by The Mechanic »

There ar'n't half some sensitive people on here.
Cancer changes your outlook on life. Change yours before it changes you.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I assume you two are talking about the Swansea shop - I've never seen a woman working in the Cardiff shop since it opened. The guys there are good though ...
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I like ladies in overalls.
jonty