timberland-ireland.com - spoof warning

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Audax67

timberland-ireland.com - spoof warning

Post by Audax67 »

Timberland don't exactly supply cycling goods, although they do make some nice folding shoes that look handy for relaxing between stages. However, this has nothing to do with that.

www.timberland-ireland.com is a fake Timberland site. The real owner (Whois entry here) is a Hong-Kong-registered company that sells fakes.

Today's postess brought my wife a registered letter from the customs saying that they had intercepted a shipment of counterfeit goods addressed to her, and that she faced a prison term, a fine of twice their value and their confiscation unless she signed a declaration saying that she was "abandoning" them, sign here in triplicate.

We're hoping that the scam stopped there. The worrying thing is that she used a credit card and can't remember which one. We're watching our accounts like hawks just in case the data pass to further unclean hands. As soon as the debit from the HK company appears we'll stop the card.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
Mark1978

Re: timberland-ireland.com - spoof warning

Post by Mark1978 »

Was the letter actually from customs or scammers?
Sooper8

Re: timberland-ireland.com - spoof warning

Post by Sooper8 »

Audax67 I just checked out those folding Timberland trainers. I like the look of them and started a search for some (as they are on offer at the moment for approx £27)
They are pretty neat!
But then my mind started to question if they would be a significantly smaller volume when zipped? What do you think?