Spa Cycles (Harrogate)

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
tooley92

Post by tooley92 »

As always, I can't fault the guys - I have used the shop for years but this is the first experience of their mail order service, I phoned at 3.30 on Monday afternoon to place an order and it was delivered first thing on Tuesday - top service indeed.
AndrewLynn

Post by AndrewLynn »

Ordered Tubus Fly and Duo racks from them last week. When they arrived I found the Fly had a minor manufacturing fault - standard piece of 10mm tubing where the rear light mounting plate should have been. Phoned Spa, who agreed it sounded a bit odd, and they dispatched a replacement, which arrived today. That despite the fact I'll not be able to get to the Post Office to return the first Fly until later this morning.

The rapid delivery is nice, but hassle free handling of any problems is the real test of service. Spa pass with ease.
Tail End Charlie

Post by Tail End Charlie »

Another vote for these guys. Phoned up Thursday lunch, delivered Friday. If they were any quicker, they'd be sending it before I realised I needed it !! Prices good and the wheels I've had in the past were, and still are, spot on.
diapason

SPA Cycles, Harrogate

Post by diapason »

I've just received some brake levers and other bits from SPA - ordered yesterday morning. Excellent service, and very helpful staff on the phone. Highly recommended!

N
Advena ego sum in Terra
benp

Re: SPA Cycles, Harrogate

Post by benp »

I would second your comments.

I had used the shop for many years whilst living locally, however after moving to Aberdeen a while back I had not had the opportunity to use them. That was until yesterday lunchtime when I ordered some Marathon +'s. Delivered to my house for before 9am this morning, all for the reasonable postage cost of £3.

First class service.....
MLJ

Post by MLJ »

I have used Spa for 10 years or more. I cannot fault the service that John provides.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

MLJ wrote:I have used Spa for 10 years or more. I cannot fault the service that John provides.

That goes for me too.
Cove Scout

Post by Cove Scout »

I purchased my Dawes from them a couple of years ago. Excellent service and brilliant front wheel built around the SON hub I purchased
Milfred Cubicle

Spa Cycles

Post by Milfred Cubicle »

I've heard great things about Spa Cycles, so decided to give them a try. Ordered a saddlebag Wed. lunchtime, arrived next day. Superb service.
On the same subject, the bag was a Carradice SQR tour. Again, Carradice have a good reputation, but I've never used their kit before. I'm rarely impressed with kit these days. Nearly everything seem to suffer from either poor engineering, or over engineering. The bag is brilliant. Simple, secure, a brilliantly elegant solution to fitting luggage to an eyelet-free bike!
irateparent

Re: Spa Cycles (Harrogate) - Top class

Post by irateparent »

Personally, I'll never use Spa Cycles again. I took my bike in for repair, was quoted one price by the pleasant Scottish guy, then when I picked it up, was landed a bill for double what was quoted. I was told I'd be contacted if it was going to be more expensive.

When I complained, John Pocklington came from the back of the shop and told the young lad who was serving me, "We're not taking any more ******* repairs", in the presence of my 4-year-old boy. He proceeded to wave a large spanner around, threatening to rip out the brake system they'd fitted.

I will not be sorry to see this business go down the pan, which is all he deserves.
irateparent

Re: Spa Cycles

Post by irateparent »

Yes, just a shame the owner sees fit to swear at his customers in front of a shop full of kids, assuming you're talking about Spa Cycles in Harrogate?

(If this looks as though I'm answering my own comments, it's because the moderator has merged 2 threads!)
Last edited by irateparent on 25 Sep 2009, 8:09am, edited 1 time in total.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

irateparent wrote:Yes, just a shame the owner sees fit to swear at his customers in front of a shop full of kids, assuming you're talking about Spa Cycles in Harrogate?

I have never had a problem with them - this needs a context.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Cunobelin wrote:...I have never had a problem with them - this needs a context.

The expression Jekyll and Hyde springs to mind. The countless satisfied people on here deal with Dr Jekyll, but Mr Hyde is there - I've met him more than once.
Si

Re: Spa Cycles (Harrogate) - Top class

Post by Si »

Two threads on the same subject so I've merged them into one.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

thirdcrank wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:...I have never had a problem with them - this needs a context.

The expression Jekyll and Hyde springs to mind. The countless satisfied people on here deal with Dr Jekyll, but Mr Hyde is there - I've met him more than once.

Yeah - that about sums it up tc, but the Mr. Hyde isn't always Mr. Hyde - I've found him to be mild mannered and helpful on occasion.

I've found that the Dr. Jekylls are always Dr. Jekyll though, and really a credit to the trade.