Planet X - customer service

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
donnieban

Planet X - customer service

Post by donnieban »

Some 3 or 4 weeks back I ordered a set of new tyres anongst other things. Delivery was swift and the prices were excellent. About a week ago I decided to fit my new touring tyres. Only 1 had been sent.... Phoned up Planet X and they couldnt be more helpful. Long story short - missing tyre was delivered from Sheffield to Skye the NEXT DAY.

Brill service and pricing.

donnieban
reohn2

Re: Planet X - customer service

Post by reohn2 »

I've had a few tyres and chains from them,no complaints & swift service :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

I ordered a red Inbred slot dropout frame and the box addressed to me had a white Inbred frame in it. Looking closely at the labels on the boxes showed that the CityLink barcoded labels had been put on the wrong boxes, luckily the other frame should have gone to an address 3 miles away. One phone call to Planet X and the local rep called me back 10 mins later to do the running around of swapping the frames.
The only downside to ordering from them is having to spend £20 for the free postage.
jazzkat

Post by jazzkat »

I am angry, not that my stuff hasn't been delivered but that I've been lied to by different members of staff.
Firstly I was promised on Wednesday that my order would be processed and that I would receive my stuff by Friday. I explained that Friday was the last day for me to take delivery because I'm going on my hols, not to worry I'm told, it'll definitely be with me by Friday.
When I haven't had a confirmation email by the end of Thursday I get a bit concerned so first thing Friday I ring them. When I eventually get through, I speak to a gentleman called Brian, who tells me that the order went to the courier yesterday and while supposedly checking the tracking told me that my order will definitely arrive today.
It then pops up on facebook that they've got a new system up and running and sorry for the delays!
OK, fair enough, but why did nobody say this during the week? I get on the phone again, it's now 4:30 Friday afternoon, it's unlikely that the courier will arrive now. The person I speak to tells me that it's due to go out this afternoon, when I start to tell him that I'd already been told it was sent yesterday he back tracks saying that sorry yes it has gone and I'll definitely get it tomorrow.
Talk about when you are in a hole stop digging.

So I've wasted a day hanging around doing nothing waiting for a parcel that was never going to arrive. And on top of that when I get back from my holidays I'm going to have to waste time sorting out where my order is, because there's no one here to sign for it.
Never, ever again.
RJS

Post by RJS »

Early August unable to order online, (I think they had an ancient email address on file for me), ordered some Vittoria Randonneur Hyper tyres and tubes, by phone. When they had not arrived after a couple of weeks I was asked to wait a few more weeks, phoned again, they said they would send again straight away, and send a conformation email, they didn't. After another phone call they said the tyres were sent 5 days later, that's another 12 days ago still no tyres, emailed them this morning, no reply. I've had some new wheels built with wider rims for these tyres, and my old rims are getting rather thin. They've had my money since early August, wish I had paid full price and gone some where that were actually going to send me some tyres.
Cheers, Rob.
easyroller

Post by easyroller »

I ordered a custom-spec bike off their "bikebuilder" website last December.

- Ordered on a Saturday.

- Phone call on Monday to confirm the spec I'd chosen.

- Another call on Thursday saying it's finished.

- Arrived Friday night!
maxcherry

Post by maxcherry »

Ordered a pair of tyres by phone as the site was having a bad day, and paid by card. I realised that
I had been over charged so I called back and explained that the price I was charged was wrong.

OMG told him the page the tyres was on even sent a link. For three weeks getting told it would be sorted out
and a someone else would handle it (that mysterious someone) Never again.
Honestly chaps, I'm a female!
smuggers

Post by smuggers »

I ordered a Sram climbers kit & when it arrived, it wasn't secured inside the box & the cassette was in bits & the rear mech was marked. Even worse parts of the cassette were missing.. Very disappointed as this was my first ever order with Planet X.. No real apology for the shoddy packaging from them & it's put me off ordering from them again.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. --H.G. Wells
Sooper8

Post by Sooper8 »

+1 . I've had good experiences with them and would definitely recommend
IanGoodfella

Post by IanGoodfella »

Have had a bad experience with Planet X and wondered if anyone can help as to where to go/what to do next.

In brief I bought a new bike from them however after riding it to a short Sportive realised the whole shifter mech had been snapped possibly in transit. I phoned and they said to send back as long as I boxed it up in a cardboard bike box which I had to source from a bike shop.

So it now seems that on returning it, annoyingly the bike frame has now been scratched by the wheel! They are going to replace the broken parts of the bike and send back but on the now damaged frame.

I've asked for a refund, but they're saying they can't as bike has been ridden. They also won't send back a new replacement bike. Any ideas what I can do as I'm now going to be left with a repaired damaged bike for the same price as brand new one. Very frustrating, do I have any recourse?
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

I've had hit and miss service from Planet-X.
I live 7 miles from either the Rotherham or Barnsley stores so have always picked up anything I've ordered online but still had problems.
I ordered a RT-58 a couple of years ago and was given a one week turn around.I then got an email saying it would be a week late.I telephoned them explaining I was going away the day after the new pick-up date and was taking the bike so need them to confirm it was a definite.They confirmed but on the day I was to pick it up I got a call saying it wasn't built.After some arguing and after threats to cancel the order they agreed to build it that day and I collected it that evening.Had I been a postal customer I would not have received my bike in time :| It also meant that any niggles would have to be sorted on the holiday as the bike was 8 days late.
This is just one incident from many and despite them being the main sponsor of our CC,cheap and local I no longer use them.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Have bought quite a bit from them and always keen prices and quick delivery. Had problems with a bike I got from after having ridden it for about three weeks. The day after I rang they sent a courier to collect and replaced FOC with a machine costing £199 more.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Flinders

Post by Flinders »

OH ordered overshoes, should have been the correct size according to the manufacturer's sizing, but were too small. When he told planet X they immediately sent out a replacement pair. You can't say fairer than that, as it wasn't their fault.
The_Master

Post by The_Master »

Hello,
I have bought shedloads form PX over the last 4 years(inc 5 complete bikes).
Good prices and excellent customer service everytime.
A couple of niggles with Yodel though. Things like saying that nobody was in kind of thing.
But with PX I haven't had a problem.
Just my experiences though!
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

The_Master wrote:A couple of niggles with Yodel though.

My last order with PX was for a chain and 8 inner tubes to make the postage cost more acceptable, if I ordered 9 inner tubes then Yodel would have been entrusted with delivering it. If that was the case I would still be waiting for it now.