Digital mapping systems

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
cavasta

Digital mapping systems

Post by cavasta »

I'm thinking of purchasing a digital mapping system. I've dowloaded trial versions of a couple of the more familiar programs (Tracklogs and Memory Map) and I'd be interested to hear how others have found these - or any other mapping system - having bought and used them. I found aspects of Memory Map a little difficult to evaluate as certain features had been disabled for the trial version.
What are the pros and cons people have found with their particular program? What improvements would you have made to the one you've bought? What works really well?
One thing: I don't have, nor do I intend getting, a gps system. So any shortcomings on that side of things doesn't bother me.
Thanks
cavasta
rickwiggans

Post by rickwiggans »

I use both MM and Anquet. Have used MM for several years, then changed to Anquet, because MM couldn't tell me whether it was compatible with a new GPS I bought, and Anquet could. I found at first that I wasn't too keen on anquet, because I didn't find it as intuitive as MM. However, because long term I expect to use it, I made myself stop using MM, and now Anquet is fine - just different in the way you do some things. My version of MMis 2004, so things may have moved on, but I particularly like Anquets printing functions - the way you can tell it to fit a route onto a certain number of pages, or "best fit" However, both work well

Rick
cavasta

Post by cavasta »

Thanks for that Rick. I've not heard of Anquet before but I see from their website that I can download a demo version, so I'll give it a whirl.
Thanks
cavasta