Online order at On-One.

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Godlykepower

Online order at On-One.

Post by Godlykepower »

I ordered a Gilles Berthoud Aspin saddle from these guys the other day as the price was excellent (£79.99) and i thought, why not, and paid through PayPal.

I went in to view my account online awhile later and it was showing as "preparing to be shipped" and I thought this was rather good.

Subsequent visits to my account over the last few days and it kept showing my item status as being prepared to be shipped.

I had a funny little feeling in the pit of my stomach, based on something I read on here recently about On-One, so I contacted them via their Facebook page.
I got a very quick reply to be fair, but was told "yeah, we don't actually have the one you want in stock even though the computer says we do."

I'm rather disappointed in them. In three days, they couldn't work this out and contact me ASAP about this?
I'm afraid I won't be using them again based on this experience.
I don't have a gambling problem. I'm winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That's like saying AC/DC have an awesomeness problem.
Si

Re: Online order at On-One.

Post by Si »

That's pity, I've always found them rather good...but then I'm a tart for a free bag of Haribo.
Godlykepower

Post by Godlykepower »

If it was anything else, I wouldn't be so annoyed. Most items, the price is roughly the same at most places and you usually only end up paying only a few quid less than the next place. This saddle was £50 cheaper than anywhere else!
I don't have a gambling problem. I'm winning, and winning is not a problem for me. That's like saying AC/DC have an awesomeness problem.
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Godlykepower wrote: ... This saddle was £50 cheaper than anywhere else!

That may be a clue.
Smudgerz

Post by Smudgerz »

Its probably sold out and they are hoping you'll cancel before they do!
alanf1968

Post by alanf1968 »

I have had numerous bargains from them and free post on orders over £20, dont be too quick to write them off
Brooks B17, Carradice saddlebag and a steel frame..... the signs of a true touring cyclist
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I've had numerous dealings with them,they've always been very good with quick delivery,polite and knowledgeable on the phone with a good customer service.
And unbeatable prices.
Thoroughly recommended :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
niggle

Post by niggle »

Everything on this thread is true, I have had some excellent bargains off them (or rather Planet X but they are the same internet shop and order system with different headings at the top of the web pages). They were around 20-40% cheaper than anywhere else for fairly costly items like Gilles Berthould mudguards, Vittoria Randonneur Hyper tyres, Exustar Stelvio shoes, Minoura rack, so I have saved loads on those items alone, but sometimes the stock has run out and they don't tell you until you ask them, or they get details of the description a bit wrong, e.g. size. All in all though I have no concerns about ordering from them as they have always dealt with problems quickly and correctly once I have raised it with them.