Velo-Orange micro-fibre touring saddle

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Sooper8

Velo-Orange micro-fibre touring saddle

Post by Sooper8 »

Just thought I give a mini review of this - although 12 miles is probably not an accurate representation, I will update in a few weeks
It is a good price at £30 and is a sturdy , well constructed saddle. It's light and looks good.
I personally love the fabric and this was one reason I couldn't get on with leather, as I didn't like the slippy-ness. This 'sticks' you in one place (as I read on the Brooks Cambium review here too)- I would have had that but couldn't afford it.
It is a really firm saddle with no give, but paradoxically it seems more comfy for it (?)
I like it a lot and if you want to read a slightly longer (nay, rambling review) then I did one here, with more pics
http://sooper8cycling.tumblr.com/
photo 4 by Sooper 8, on Flickr
Sooper8

Re: Velo-Orange micro-fibre touring saddle

Post by Sooper8 »

I thought I'd update on this , having now done a 150miles plus on it.

My initial impressions haven't changed. It is a firm seat but I find it a good shape and have no problem on for a couple of hour stretches at a time. I haven't spent all day on it yet but will feedback only if there are any problems when I do this summer.

Interestingly, the fabric remains almost exactly the same as when I took it out out the box. I've leant it against things that perhaps weren't wise with hindsight (a very green and mossy tree for example), and you can just brush marks off it.

So, it still looks good, rides well and will probably last me for a good few years.
NewHorizon

Re: Velo-Orange micro-fibre touring saddle

Post by NewHorizon »

Interesting - you can never have too many saddle reviews, and that's a saddle I haven't seen before.