OnYourBike, Birmingham

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
rmurphy195

OnYourBike, Birmingham

Post by rmurphy195 »

I recently decided that continued use of a rack to carry my Galaxy on the back of my car (An MX5 - yeah, I know, midlife crisis and all that!) was a no-no so decided to see if I could get a folder to fit. The Brompton was the obvious choice for a number of reasons, but - would it fit?

So I trotted off to On Your Bike in Digbeth, Birmingham, to see if they could help.

Well, after almost 20 mins of patient juggling and head scratching they helped me figure it out!

So I think they deserve a big ThankYou for service (and yup, I bought the bike from them)

Yes, a Brompton P6R will go into the boot of a MK3 MX5 if you have the telescopic seatpost, and remove the saddle and it's bit of post before easing the bike into the boot, with the top of the seatpost where the car's puncture repair kit goes, the bars facing down and the rack towards you. Just!

Full marks to OYB for service. And the results are on their facebook page. And I'm using the Brompton more than I thought I would!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
OnYourBike

Re: OnYourBike, Birmingham

Post by OnYourBike »

Hi Richard

Really glad to hear you are enjoying your Brompton. thank you for the kind words you have posted here!

All the best

Stuart, Tom and Jon
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Another plus for OYB - called them on Saturday morning to book the Brompton recall job, took it in at 10 this morning (Tuesday), then my wife and I wandered off for a bit of shopping and a coffee (leaving our car in their car park - an unexpected bonus!). By about 11 received a text to say it was done. Well pleased. :D
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
Si

Post by Si »

I always tend to recomend OYB to people in my classes as they tend to sell people the bike that people need rather than the bike that the shop wants to sell.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Maybe OYB could take over Halfords

That must be a big problem, *experts* advising people to buy the wrong machine, often it will lead to them giving up cycling
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
bikercolin

Post by bikercolin »

I have to add my thanks to OYB too.
I have had a couple of bikes from them, most recently a Brompton to ride across Warwicks horrible traffic. Following choosing the right M6 for the job with no pressure and knowledgable advise. Drop gearing, set up and interst free sorted and leaving the shop in under an hour.
A pleasure to do business with and to ride. Can't go back to soon though as they have the electric one on demo.