Enigma Bikes

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Johnmankelow

Enigma Bikes

Post by Johnmankelow »

Just spent £2,000 on a new bike from Enigma. Lovely bike - put on all the equipment requested although expensive - £150 to put it together - BUT after sales service - you might as well forget it.
David Cox

Re: Enigma Bikes

Post by David Cox »

Sorry to hear this. I've had two Engimas over the years but in both cases I bought them from and had them made up by a local bike shop/dealer - Fred Williams in Wolverhampton built the first. They had only just become Engima dealers and this was one of their first frames. Haven't needed much in the way of after sales - did 12 mile test ride and then took it straight out on the Forest of Dean Classic Sportive. Unlike me it has held together very well and been faultless. I'd rather not be dealing with firms at a distance.
hondated

Post by hondated »

I should think Paul of this parish will be along shortly.
He can explain himself but having met him several times personally and read his many threads on here I would say that customer service is at least top of His priorities.
enigmatic

Post by enigmatic »

I've been riding Enigma frames for about 8 years now and have always dealt directly with them for purchase of both frames and accessories, and a couple of after sales issues. So far as I'm concerned their communication, sales and service is amongst the best I have known. Of course I can't speak for any third parties involved in the transactions, although from other dealings I'd support Dave Cox with his positive views of Fred Williams.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my SM-T310 using Forum Fiend v1.2.11.
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

Been riding an etape for several years and can't fault it. Its a lovely bike. Bought it from my lbs so get the service I need from them. That said I have emailed Enigma a few times and always had a prompt response. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and they will be my first port of call for future bike purposes
I'm just posting this in the interest of balance

Hopefully getting a few enigma goodies from the wife for xmas

Id replace all my bikes for titanium if I could afford it even the carbon race bike
Johnmankelow

Post by Johnmankelow »

I think I rushed to judgement on Enigma - they have redeemed themselves in spades after my impatience
hondated

Post by hondated »

Johnmankelow wrote:I think I rushed to judgement on Enigma - they have redeemed themselves in spades after my impatience

Great news John pleased to read your issues have been resolved.
ged lawrenson

Post by ged lawrenson »

I needed a spare dérailleur hanger for my Etape. Enigma advised emailing with photo of existing hanger - if before midday it would be in the post that day. It was - and I hadn't even paid for it, until I checked that it had been dispatched! That's good customer service in my book. :)
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

I didn't think that the etape needed a hanger?
ged lawrenson

Post by ged lawrenson »

Didn't you?
mnichols

Post by mnichols »

Mine doesn't doesn't.I phoned them and checked. I've also replaced the derralieur since then and it didn't need one
ged lawrenson

Post by ged lawrenson »

Mine does. As I said 6months ago, I phoned them and they sent me one. (Bikes change).http://www.enigmabikes.com/collections/ ... ear-hanger