Hera International Bib Tights

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Rhodrich

Hera International Bib Tights

Post by Rhodrich »

I'm not one to spend more money than I have to on cycling kit for my 30 mile a day commute. Looking for padded bib tights for the winter, I came across these (also on Amazon and eBay):

http://www.heraint.com/index.php?route= ... ry&path=57

I've now been using them for a good month or so of daily commuting, since the temperature dropped, and I have to say that for the price, I don't think they can be beaten. The fabric is good quality Roubaix - fleecy on the inside, and I've got no problems with the cut. I like the fact that they are quite high cut, as when I first set off in the morning, that keeps my midriff nice and warm. This does however make things a little bit tricky to water the plants on a club run. Despite having gone through the washing machine quite a number of times now, they've held up fine.

Negatives? The logo is printed on upside down on the thigh, there is no reflective material sewn or printed on them, and there are no stirrups or grippers on the ankles (though I've not noticed them riding up at all). Occasionally, when I put them on, they can be a bit Nora Batty like in the legs until I do some re-arranging.

Overall however, they're warm, comfortable and do the job well. Bargainous!
NewHorizon

Re: Hera International Bib Tights

Post by NewHorizon »

Hmmm, interesting but their address in Manchester is a very run down terraced house - not sure I'd be happy handing over my cc details to that. I suppose via Amazon or eBay offers some protection.