Cycling Weekly Magazine

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
landsurfer

Cycling Weekly Magazine

Post by landsurfer »

I buy Cycling Weekly.
I enjoy reading it.
However.
I purchase it to read in the bathroom whilst involved in other activities! " ; !
This is in no way a reflection on its high editorial standard.
But I never seem to finish one edition before the next is published.
Is this an indication of bowel transit speed.
Have I discovered a new training aid ?
rjb

Re: Cycling Weekly Magazine

Post by rjb »

Now you know why it's called "The Comic"
:lol:
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
hondated

Post by hondated »

Got to say even though I did manage to get a star letter published in it some years ago now, what a nightmare it was getting the prize sent to me, because it is mainly focused on racing cycling and dare I say it Sportives I can think of a better use for it other than reading it if you want to take it into the bathroom with you.
I have never understood as well why people choose to linger in a bathroom whilst carrying out their ablutions !.
jezer

Post by jezer »

I am reliably informed that Cycling Weekly has decided to concentrate once more on club activity. As part of this process a reporter and photographer will be visiting our club on Wednesday and riding with a group of members to one of our favourite cafes, so that a report with pictures can be published. I just hope the magazine doesn't go back to being printed on blotting paper :lol:
Power to the pedals
easyroller

Post by easyroller »

jezer wrote:I am reliably informed that Cycling Weekly has decided to concentrate once more on club activity.

I've heard that too. The CW people are also riding out with our club this coming weekend (weather permitting).
nosmo king

Post by nosmo king »

I actually had a subscription to Cycling Weakly for a number of years in the eighties. Back then it was black and white photos and a comprehensive review of the British cycling scene. It's a pale imitation of what it once was.
keepontriking

Post by keepontriking »

It used to be a much anticipated read until it went into the never ending Reviews and Cycle route markets and it lost the 'club' coverage.

I shall watch a return with interest, tho' probably only at the Smith's Library until I an convinced they have changed their ways.
hondated

Post by hondated »

I looked at the new version earlier today in Tesco and given it mainly consisted of yet another Cavendish interview - article and pages of pictures of The Worlds racing bikes I cannot see a lot of change in it.
Given its the premier weekly cycling magazine in the UK I cannot understand why it can incorporate touring cycling as well.