Genesis Longitude,first impressions.

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
Bonefishblues

Re: Genesis Longitude,first impressions.

Post by Bonefishblues »

reohn2 wrote:My first impressions are the bike's upto any amount of abuse,strong and sturdy are words that spring to mind.
Most of yesterday I was riding on either hard packed snow or sheet ice,on the more well trodden/ridden tracks or 2to3in deep virgin stuff elsewhere,I was very pleased with the handling,grip and comfort of the big 2.4inch knobblies,run at @18f,25r,nice! :) and the relaxed front end steering.

Sir should not be surprised, Sir seems to have been sold a Land Rover with a less than full complement of wheels :)
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

Bonefishblues wrote:Sir should not be surprised, Sir seems to have been sold a Land Rover with a less than full complement of wheels :)

That was the aim :mrgreen:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

An update on this bike.
After riding it for 3months I'm still impressed with it,great handling and the rougher the terrain the better it is :)
Other than changing the seatpost(see the Thudbuster thread)saddle and handlebars(both personal preference),I haven't need to touch anything on it other than changing the disc pads as the organic ones supplied lasted less than 200miles in mud and mucky winter conditions.I've fitted Clarks sintered pads and other than a leettle occasional squeal are standing up to off road condition better than the originals.

Wheels have remained true,Shimano Deore hubs and drivetrain work as well as the day I picked up.

Very pleased :)
W H Auden
cosmicpop

Post by cosmicpop »

I've had mine for 3 months or so too, but have riden a lot less than you I expect as we've just had a child and that's taking up a lot of time :)

I'm 5ft11 and got the 19inch frame. Seems fine for me but I am thinking of swapping out the stem for something shorter.
I've ridden it for about 14 miles and I sometimes get a bit achy but I'm not sure if that's just because I'm out of shape after the winter and child arriving. I'll need to do more riding to compare with my other (known comfy) bike.

Anyway- I love it. I've actually been known to ride it round the garden when I don't have time to go for a proper ride. So sad.
frenchfever

Post by frenchfever »

Hello From France

one of my friend would like a touring bike , i read all your posts and still can't choose between a 17.5 and a 19 inches

he is 6 feet (183cm)

i can get a 17.5 with a discount, 19 are not available anymore...

Can u folks post a picture of your 17.5 ?? thanx
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

W H Auden
frenchfever

Post by frenchfever »

thank you for your review and pics :wink:
Farawayvisions

Post by Farawayvisions »

Bit late to the party but my partner managed to get his hands on one that had been with a magazine for review. (They 'forgot' to send it back) and it became a replacement for his old bike a Genesis iO iD with a faulty Alfine 11.

He's made a few modifications - Rohloff hub gear, Jones Loop Bars and a Brooks saddle.
http://www.farawayvisions.com/genesis-longitude-first-thoughts/

Genesis Longitude med.jpg