Cane Creek Thudbuster LT

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
reohn2

Cane Creek Thudbuster LT

Post by reohn2 »

First ride on it yesterday,I can only say I'm mightily impressed,it really does take the sting out of rough trails with little alteration to saddle position,initially it felt 'different' slightly unusual to someone who's never ridden as suspension seatpost of any kind,but very quickly was almost unnoticeable,save the much smoothing of the tracks I was riding,which were quite rough.
The real plus was the absence of any kind of back pain or pain from my dodgy hip at the end of a 31/2hr ride.
I can't praise it enough THB.
It comes set up with two medium elastomer's fitted and two spares one soft and one hard.I found it good as supplied but may try it with a medium and a stiffer one for comparison if I find the mediums are on the soft side as I'm on the upper end of the weight limit for mediums.I need a few more rides yet to give it a full test.
Anyway I'm happy I bought it :) .

EDIT:- Cane Creek advise to set up the T/Buster as you would a standard post but I found I needed it 10mm higher and about the same further forward to take into account rider squish factor,maybe a lighter rider on the same elastomers wouldn't need so much,which makes me think one hard and one medium could be right for my(lardy ATM) 84kg.
I'll see how I go.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Vantage

Re: Cane Creek Thudbuster LT

Post by Vantage »

I'm not sure if elastomer technology has improved or not, but your rubber bungs might need breaking in over the course of several rides and that might make them softer eventually. The temperature will also affect them.
I bought a Proflex Attack LE in I think* 1996. Bike shop owner advised of the same breaking in period, a few weeks hard riding he said. The following weekend, some mates and I went mountain biking in the hills near Hope in the peak district on a 80 degree day and the elastomers had broken in by mid afternoon :)
Suspension posts are great aren't they? :mrgreen: I'm getting a new one soon as I can. This non-bouncy post malarkey is 'orrible.
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

I don't know if the elastomers need breaking in or not,I'll have to wait and see.
One thing's for sure though,the T/buster is very well made and,as the saying goes,does exactly what it says on the tin and very well too :)
W H Auden
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

A quick update.
I've been riding it for six weeks now and settled on one hard and one medium elastomer,as just right for me.
I'm still very impressed with a very well made and effective product :)
W H Auden