Halfords Letchworth - poor service

Please be fair and thoughtful in your opinions. No rants please.
greyingbeard

Halfords Letchworth - poor service

Post by greyingbeard »

Atrocious attitude from Halfords Letchworth. I ordered items, wasnt told they were in, went to enquire, they were found, staff member put oily fingermerks all over them. Was offered a fiver off the lot. "Manager" seems to think theres nothing wrong with them, so I suggested he returns them to supplier and can explain to his boss when they are rejected.. Its obvious that the attitude spreads downwards from the manger to the others.

This is 3 B17 saddles. I have emailed Brooks to let them know to check returns carefully.

Should have ordered them from Hitchin Or Stevenage branches where the staff are better.
Last edited by Graham on 20 Aug 2015, 2:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: cut the carp
greyingbeard

Re: Halfords Letchworth - poor service

Post by greyingbeard »

I complained to Halfords via their website. The manager has questioned my honesty, claiming only one faint little mark, which still isnt good enough for new items.
One may imagine that I am not happy and will have to find out how to take this further. Anyone know any directors names ? Not necessarily the MD, every other moaner writes to them, another one
Monsieur

Post by Monsieur »

Twitter page for a company is always a good avenue for complaints, and mostly a quick way of doing it.
Solvitur ambulando
greyingbeard

Post by greyingbeard »

I tried it on faceache, all the posts are monitored and approved before becoming visible.

Hard to make an effective public protest.
If I were in France I could pile tyres on their carpark and have a bonfire, or blockade the entrance to the entire trading estate with a skateboard : :D