JOGLE Setting off 24 March

Specific board for this popular undertaking.

JOGLE Setting off 24 March

Postby JamesF » 12 Mar 2018, 4:24pm

I just had a window of opportunity come up so as wife and little one are away for a couple of weeks, so thought I'd take the famous end to end on. I'll be starting a week on Saturday the 24 March from JOG. Will do it in 8 or 9 days.

Going super light on a road bike with just a change of clothes. Plan is to be well kitted out with winter gear up north then strip off and post it home if the weather hopefully gets better. Well that's the plan anyway...

I rode the Transamerica route 76 from Virginia to Oregon 2 years ago (4k miles) with a heavy steel bike, panniers, camping gear etc. It was wonderful, but excruciatingly slow. So this time around the steel bike's staying safely in the shed and my Cannondale Six carbon frame bike gets the preference.

If anyone's equally foolish to be riding at the same time, or fancies doing a leg or two give me a shout. Would be nice to have some company! My own thoughts get a bit repetitive after a couple of days :)

Or if you have any weather related / wind / route tips they are very welcome!

Will do a version of these 2 routes which are similar ... ats-route/ Hoping to tailor the route to reduce chances of ice / sleet / snow etc.

Will list our the route with days / dates / locations shortly.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Re: JOGLE Setting off 24 March

Postby Tizme » 12 Mar 2018, 6:54pm

Good Luck :D

Re: JOGLE Setting off 24 March

Postby philvantwo » 14 Mar 2018, 6:51am

Enjoy your trip, let us all know how you got on please!