Lejog for wimps please- or am I on my own? ( merged )

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
Nickeveson

Re: Lejog for wimps please- or am I on my own? ( merged )

Post by Nickeveson »

I could well be up for Nov 10 ride......keep me posted
oldmanonabike

Post by oldmanonabike »

Nickeveson wrote:I could well be up for Nov 10 ride......keep me posted

I regret I cant make it due to hospital appointments
I'm not getting older,just gaining more experience
flash

Post by flash »

Wow. Brilliant guess Ken. We’ll go with that...this was in connection with your ants comment and not your hospital appointment post. I've no idea why my posts seem to appear ages after I think I've posted them.....
Last edited by flash on 17 Oct 2018, 6:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nickeveson

Post by Nickeveson »

Some pictures of the map i have made to commemorate the Wimps Lejog 2018......i hope you like them
Attachments
20181025_134533.jpg
20181025_134546.jpg
20181025_134555.jpg
20181025_134608.jpg
20181025_135401.jpg
Nickeveson

Post by Nickeveson »

A few more
Attachments
20181025_134435.jpg
20181025_134449.jpg
20181025_134458.jpg
20181025_134521.jpg
Nickeveson

Post by Nickeveson »

And the famous Alasdair Racing Snake Carter
Attachments
20181025_134509.jpg
flash

Post by flash »

That’s brilliant Nick, really cheered me up after a 4 mile push. So the rear wheel/ tyre I rode LEJOG (without a flat) on I’ve transferred to another bike (the one where the rear rim exploded on it’s first ride), second ride on the set up and came out of where I was working today and the rear tyre was as flat as the result of a hedgehog versus steamroller competition....
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

Yes Nick..brilliant...you young uns certainly know how to use selfies :lol: A great memory jog ..just remember you can’t stop until you get to the top. :D
My photos are limited as I can’t overcome the thought I might have to pay to get them developed :P
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Brilliant Nick, and lovely to talk to you and the boss this evening ....

NOVEMBER THE 10TH.
Routes and Places... I've made suggestions without response... we're all busy i understand.

My thoughts .. Unless someone will put together a route ... the "default position."
A central England meet, Northampton or Tamworth. Local wimps to come up with a route, i'll sort out transport (from the north and south) and suggest budget hotels.

However ... if there is a bid for the Borders or the West Country I'll still sort out Transport and book hotels.

Lets make it happen folks ... or just be honest and go for a warm weather meet next Spring or Summer ...

For me and Julie it's half term, Baby Riley is doing really well with his "Forever Family", we see him every week and have been asked to be his Nana and Grandad.
Julie and I have our 3 grand children (14, 8, 7) with us now, so i'm having half term off work ... Me cycling every morning, Julie catching up on sleep .. and running the kids ragged every afternoon ... :lol:
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
flash

Post by flash »

David, I'll go with the flow but if the majority want Spring (and want to ride) I'm also happy with that.

I'm happy to plot a West Country route, I have planned one in the past, people still moan about it years later. We have hills, Cheddar Gorge is a lovely scenic climb, the Mendips / Quantocks may be a tad hilly but the views were nice but if I can do it on a fixed it'll be dead easy on geared stuff. Plus I have a small fleet of fixed gear bikes I'm happy to loan out if anyone wants a try... or then there's the Cotswolds, also a tad lumpy but nice roads....and we can stop at the hand made ice cream factory on Rodborough Common..
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Thanks Pete ... lets all say our piece and make sure the WIMPS do not just fade away ..If we cant all meet up in the same place why not have smaller rides ... Jules and i are happy to play the "Von Trapps" in the Bristol area and just as happy to meet up in Johnstone Bridge / Dumfries for a ride out ...
Maybe rather than trying to get us all together we should try a 2 - 3 WIMP's ride out...
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
flash

Post by flash »

I agree, the Wimps can not fade away. As I say I’m happy to go for small rides or the a spin with the whole massive. If anyone is anywhere in South West I’m happy to meet up and ride. If anyone is ever near Bristol I have some really nice rides, some of them are even flat (ish).,,
Nickeveson

Post by Nickeveson »

I think we can have 2 rides.....a winter AND a spring. It would be lovely to catch up....and swap stories. Let's do it!
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

flash wrote:David, I'll go with the flow but if the majority want Spring (and want to ride) I'm also happy with that.

I'm happy to plot a West Country route, I have planned one in the past, people still moan about it years later. We have hills, Cheddar Gorge is a lovely scenic climb, the Mendips / Quantocks may be a tad hilly but the views were nice but if I can do it on a fixed it'll be dead easy on geared stuff. Plus I have a small fleet of fixed gear bikes

A small fleet, how small? Like to see some pictures
Do you have any unfixed? :wink:
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies