Lejog for wimps please- or am I on my own? ( merged )

Specific board for this popular undertaking.
cycleruk

Re: Lejog for wimps please- or am I on my own? ( merged )

Postby cycleruk » 11 Jan 2019, 9:27am

flash wrote:Morning Chaps and Chappessess, does anyone have our complete route they can email me in some form? A friend is tempted...ta

I can Email "RidewithGPS" routes for each day. There should also be Strava/Garmin Connect records as well.
I think I have your Email ######"@fixed"######.
Let me know :D
Leave getting old to others.

flash

Postby flash » 11 Jan 2019, 10:25am

Thanks John, Paul beat you to it.
It's for a mature friend who's hoping to do it on a vintage rod braked, 3 speed bike.....sounds good, I'm quite tempted.... :D

cycleruk

Postby cycleruk » 11 Jan 2019, 1:34pm

flash wrote:Thanks John, Paul beat you to it.
It's for a mature friend who's hoping to do it on a vintage rod braked, 3 speed bike.....sounds good, I'm quite tempted.... :D

Make sure that his brakes work and that the gearing is low enough for some of the inclines we encountered. :wink:
Just to add that the two groups didn't always stick to the planned route but that shouldn't matter. :roll:

flash

Postby flash » 11 Jan 2019, 4:03pm

He’ll be fine. It’s equipped with Sturmey Archer’s finest. If I can get up St Michaels Hill in Bristol on my similarly geared 1936 F W Evans light tourer I’m sure he’ll be OK in Cornwall, Devon, Shap, etc. The brakes on the other hand.... :shock:

Paulatic

Postby Paulatic » 11 Jan 2019, 5:48pm

flash wrote:He’ll be fine. It’s equipped with Sturmey Archer’s finest. If I can get up St Michaels Hill in Bristol on my similarly geared 1936 F W Evans light tourer I’m sure he’ll be OK in Cornwall, Devon, Shap, etc. The brakes on the other hand.... :shock:

Did we use brakes? :)
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life RIP Hannah Hauxwell

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/

flash

Postby flash » 11 Jan 2019, 6:14pm

I'm sure I used my brake otherwise my legs would have been spinning like a tumble dryer on the descents..... :lol:

cycleruk

Postby cycleruk » 11 Jan 2019, 7:43pm

Paulatic wrote:
flash wrote:He’ll be fine. It’s equipped with Sturmey Archer’s finest. If I can get up St Michaels Hill in Bristol on my similarly geared 1936 F W Evans light tourer I’m sure he’ll be OK in Cornwall, Devon, Shap, etc. The brakes on the other hand.... :shock:

Did we use brakes? :)

Not very often but there was a sketchy section (A49 Scenic route) where I could have done with a bit more retardation. :roll:
In the shade of trees, hardly able to see due to have sunspec's on and gravel in the middle of the road.
Made for a bit of buttock clinching. :mrgreen:

cycleruk

Postby cycleruk » 11 Jan 2019, 7:49pm

Has friend given any thought to the logistics?
(Logistics definition:- The careful organization of a complicated activity so that it happens in a successful and effective way) :D

brynpoeth

Postby brynpoeth » 11 Jan 2019, 8:10pm

cycleruk wrote:

Has friend given any thought to the logistics?
(Logistics definition:- The careful organization of a complicated activity so that it happens in a successful and effective way) :D

'Lejostics' you mean :wink:
Hope the SA has a back-pedal brake too
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras & STOP signs